Monday, January 21, 2019

Through Thick and Thin! by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Fans!

My card today uses the Under My Umbrella set for this sweet girlfriends card.  Friends are so special and I think a card like this would be perfect to send to remind them you are there for them.


I started out by coloring the stamped image in with my Copic markers (listed below).  As I am in the building of my Copic collection and didn't have the colors I needed for shading, I used a couple Prismacolor pencils to add the shading on the pink and purple jackets.  I used one of the Ai Rectangle A2 Double Stitched dies to cut it out.

I then stamped it again on some masking paper and fussy cut the mask out.  After placing the mask on the colored image, I used a stencil to add the raindrops.  After I taped off the edges (to keep a thin white border) I placed the stencil on top and taped it down at the top to create a sort of hinge.  This is so I can lift it up to see if I'm happy with my stenciling or need to add more in areas.  I used this Ranger ink blending brush (linked below) to first add a light blue background using Tumbled Glass Oxide without the stencil.  I then put the stencil on and stenciled the same ink and some Blueprint Sketch Oxide for the raindrops.  I really like using these brushes, as for me, I'm able to achieve a much lighter effect than when I use the foam pads.

  

To finish it up, I added some clear sparkle to the umbrella and a few other spots.  I also used a silver gel pen to color the belt buckle and the buttons on the purple jacket.


I hope you've enjoyed seeing my card and a bit of the process today!  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful, crafty week!


Copics used:
E00, E000, E01, E04, E11, E23, E25, E31, E33, E35, E47, E51, E53, E55, E57, 
C3, C5, C7, W0, W3, R11, R20, RV00, RV02, RV10, RV13, RV14, RV25,
 BV01, BV02, BV04, BV13, B00, B02, B34, B52, B63
Prismacolor Pencils: Rose, Violet Blue

No comments: