Friday, March 22, 2019

A Messy House Is.... By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!

Today I'm sharing a card and video using the A Messy House TF set. I think these cards would be great to send to a friend that has been overly busy. A little reminder to relax and take some time for ones self. Check out the video below for the process of this card!


 Now this stamp set, A Messy House TF, was designed to be used as a Trifold but I like to do something different. So I created a flat card but used the images to add dimension and depth. I started by stamping each of the 3 images on to separate Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock. I could have stamped two of the images on the same cardstock to save some paper but I wasn't really sure how I was going to go about making this card. In the beginning I have a plan to make a tryfold style card but it just didn't turn out that way. 


I colored the lady first. I knew that I wanted her to be the certain of this card and have the most color. So I used red and aqua to really make her stand out. Then I colored her surroundings in grays and tans. I really like how this turned out color wise. I think all those neutral colors really do draw your eye to the relaxing among the mess. A lot of the shading for this was used using the E04 Copic Marker which is one of my favorites for adding shading. 


If you look closely you can see that the animals are about the same color, I added a bit more yellow to them to help them stand out. I also made the items the cats are on a bit darker and added red and aqua to the dog to match the lady. 

For the splatter background I masked the lady then used a stencil, distress ink and a blending brush to add some texture in the same color as the mess. I used the same color of Distress Ink on the floor. I did fussy cut the images on the left and right out then inked the edges with a black marker. I clued them on to the piece that I just ink blended on with the lady and added the sentiment from the A Messy House TF set with black ink gray cardstock. That is it! I hope you take some time and watch the video, it would mean the world to me. 

Copic Markers used:
W0, W1, W3, W6
C1, C3, C5, C7
E31, E34, E35, E04, E51
E74, E59, E15
YR27, Y21, YR23, Y18
R89, R83, R29, R17, R05, R02 
RV09, BG18, BG15, BG13, BG11

Watch Here

Thank you for stopping by! Happy Stamping!



1 comment:

Joan V said...

Oh my, that is one AWESOME card. Thanks for sharing another way to use these kind of stamp sets.