Monday, April 1, 2019

Day Spent by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Fans!

My card today features the so sweet Day Spent Window set.  This is such a quick and easy stamp to use, so I made two cards!  One card is a simple easel style and the other has a die cut window in the card front to show the image that's adhered to the inside.  The sentiment on this stamp is perfect to use to send to a friend:  "A day spent with a friend is a day well spent indeed."



Have you noticed how so many of the stamps that are in the watercolor line also work with traditional cards?  The WC Sentiments Set was used for both of these cards.  I thought that the sentiments went perfectly with the sentiment that is around the scene.



For this card I used one of the Square Double Stitched dies to cut a window in the card front.  I used the same size die to cut the yellow paper to layer behind the stamped image.  I colored both images with Copic markers listed below.




This next card is a simple easel card.  I used an A2 card base that I added a second score line to at 2-¾" to create the easel.


The main thing to remember is to add adhesive only to the bottom portion of the square so that the image will pop up with the card open.


I used one of the Flag Double Stitched dies to make the piece for the inside of the card that will help the easel to stand open.  I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops to both cards for a bit of embellishment.


Thank you very much for stopping by today!  I hope your week is filled with a lot of crafty fun!


Copic markers:
G03, G07, G09, G14, G19, G20, G28, G29, 
YG01, YG03, YG11, YG13, YG63, YG67,
B0000, B000, B00, N0, N2, E33, E35, E39,
R30, R32, R35, R37, Y11, Y13, Y15

No comments: