Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Easter Circlet Mini Try Fold by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

Art Impressions has so many fun and punny Easter stamp sets, so it's always nice to have a few more reverent Easter cards on hand.  The Easter Circlet MTF is perfect for that.  I paired it with the Circle Double Stitched Dies to make a stunning pull out card.  It looks more complicated than it is. 
The images were stamped onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth paper with Gina K Designs Black Amalgam Ink and colored with Copic markers.  They were also colored with Prismacolor colored pencils to add the tiny details. The colors used are listed at the end of this post. All three of the images were die cut with the matching die that comes with the stamps as well as a circle double stitched die. I cut out two concentric circles from the Lifestyle Crafts Circles Dies to form the two inner layers of the card from white card stock.  I matched up the colored images and used the matching circlet dies to cut the centers from the white layers. I used a decorative Sizzix die set to cut out patterned paper from the Lawn Fawn 6" x 6" Perfectly Plaid Spring Collection that just fit within the two card layers.  I cut a circle from the centers of the plaid papers that was just larger than the circlet opening.  I attached each piece of patterned paper to it's matching circle and then attached the correct colored layer over it with liquid adhesive.
I cut a larger base out of white cardstock using the Lacy Circle dies from Lifestyle Crafts.  Another plaid circle was cut with the circle dies to layer onto the lacy die.  A smaller white layer was cut out and added over the plaid piece of paper and I attached the bottom circlet to the center of it.  I used my Crop-a-dile to add a hole to the right side of the bottom circle.  I then added a hole to the left and right side of the middle circle and a hole to just the left of the top circle.  This is what forms the swinging mechanism of the card.  I put all three layers into place as I wanted them when they would be closed and placed a brad through each hole.  I closed the prongs on each hole, but left some room so the circles could swing back and forth.  Once the card opens, the pieces swing to the right. The last thing to do is attach the green plaid layer to the white lacy piece with foam tape.  You can add your Easter message to the back of the circle. 
Copic Colors Used:
Lilies - C00, C1, YG00, YG01, YG03
Leaves/Buds - YG00, YG01, YG03, E13, E15
Boulders - E40, E42
Crosses - E27, E29
Doorway - E13, E15, E19
Sunrise - Y06, Y17, YR000, YR04, B000, BV0000, BV00, BV01

Prismacolor Pencil Colors Used:
Canary Yellow, Yellowed Orange
Sandbar Brown, Light Umber, Dark Brown, Black

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful Easter card and I love the circular design of it.