Friday, May 10, 2019

It's me or the house! | By Jessica Shier


Hello Ai Fans!

Happy Friday! This Housework set had me laughing after reading all the wonderful sentiments in it. I couldn't wait to color this glamorous lady! I love that she's wearing her pearls, heels and a fancy dress, which I had to paper piece with this shimmer textured cardstock. She had me laughing, but wait until you see the inside. lol!


I started this design out by stamping the lady from the Art Impressions Housework set, using Amalgam ink. All the images are colored with Copic Markers, except the dress portion which I stamped on to a piece of Tonic Luxury Embossed paper and fussy cut out. Then adhered over the stamped dress. It is very hard to see in the photo but it has a floral embossed pattern and is a shimmery aqua color. 

Since the challenge for this week is shape cards I wanted to play around with shapes. I cut the colored card panel using the largest Double Stitch Hexagon die and a rectangle stitch die, only cutting part of the hexagon. I layered a piece of pattern paper (Pink Fresh Indigo Hills) behind. This pattern cardstock already had a bit of texture and splatter to it but I added more by using a couple of Distress Oxide inks. I was going for a coffee splatter kind of look lol. Which seems to be the mess I clean up almost daily. 


I also stamped the sentiment using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and clear embossing powder on to a piece of vellum. Then, I cut the stamped vellum with a Flag Stitch die. Vellum can be tricky to adhere but I find that you can't see the adhesive through the sentiment or with the splattered background, I just used my ATG to do that. 

I like to add just a bit of the front of the card to the inside of the card. For this one I used the hilarious cat riding the robot vacuum image, which is also included in the Housework set! All I had left was to stamp another great sentiment and add a strip of pattern paper to the bottom. 
That cats face Lol! 



Copic Markers Used:
C5, C3, C1
E51, E35, E31
Y26, Y21, Y13
R85, R81, BV00
BG18, BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10
Colorless Blender

Thank you guys so much for joining me today. Happy Stamping! 



1 comment: