Monday, June 24, 2019

Watercolor Bicycle by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Fans!

My card for today features the new WC Bicycle Set.  I've loved this set since I first saw it and I'm so glad to have finally used it!


Since this is the first time I've used this set, I started out with a scrap piece of watercolor paper to practice my stamping and shading of the bicycle.  I inked up the largest bicycle in the set first with Chocolate, then stamped it off and added Deep Blue.  I stamped it off onto scratch paper again, then stamped it onto my card panel.  I used Ranger Distress Watercolor Cardstock as I really like how bright white it is.  I have all of the watercolor pens listed by brand and number, as well as all the supplies I used at the end of this post.


Here is a list of the steps I took to finish the watercoloring:
  • I lightly pulled the color out of the lines of the stamped image being careful on some of the smaller parts.  (That's when I switched to a No. 2 brush.)  I pulled more color out of the stamped lines of the two baskets as I wanted them to appear white.
  • I smooshed some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink onto my glass mat and used a No. 2 watercolor brush to pick up the ink and color the bicycle.  Go back and add more color for your shading.
  • For the tires and the baskets I mixed some Deep Blue and Chocolate on my mat until it was the shade of gray I wanted.  I used it darker on the tires and a more diluted mix on the baskets.
  • If you have looked at the supply list and wondered why I used all four of the WC Foliage sets, well I didn't plan that!  Haha!  I just had them out and was pulling various stamps to try and there you go.  You can easily do the greenery with one or two sets.  I used a strip of Post-It tape to mask the basket in the back before stamping the foliage in Dark Jade.
  • Next I put some ink from the Sapphire pen onto my mat and mixed in a bit of water for the sky.
  • All the flowers are stamped in Rubine Red.  I used my No. 4 brush to soften.  I used the fine tip of the Brilliant Yellow to add dots of color throughout the flowers.
  • Next I stamped the small grass and pulled out the color.  Then I stamped a few tall grasses and flowers.
  • Don't forget to use a pencil to draw in the spokes on both wheels!

To finish, I cut out the image (make sure it's dry!) with a Rounded Rectangle Double Stitched die.  For the blue layer, I used a pencil and traced around the outside edge of the same die.  I used my trimmer for the straight sides and fussy cut the rounded corners.

I used a 3-D embossing folder and embossed some white paper and cut it down to 4" x 5-¼" and layered it onto the blue top folded A2 card.  The image is popped up with foam tape.  After I stamped the sentiment in Versamark, I added white embossing powder, heat set it, and cut it out with a die from the Tag Stitched Dies set.



Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope I've inspired you to get out your watercolors and and have a fun crafty day!



Markers:
Marvy:  100 Sapphire, 43 Brilliant Yellow
Tombow: 755 Rubine Red, 177 Dark Jade, 696 Chocolate, 565 Deep Blue

No comments: