Monday, September 16, 2019

Spooky Holiday Mansion by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai fans!

I had so much fun turning the Holiday Mansion into a spooky (but not too spooky!) Halloween card!  I used the Halloween pieces from the HM Accessory Set to make this card!


All of the images were stamped onto Neenah Solar White 80# paper with Copic safe ink.  I colored them all with the Copics listed below.  Then I used the included dies to cut them out.  There isn't a die for the house, but it's so easy to fussy cut, which I did!


I cut a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth to 4" x 5-¼".  I die cut a circle shape and added positioned the mask where it would be behind the house.  I blended on some Distress Oxide inks with blender brushes.  The colors I used are Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot for the sky.  I added some water drops and then blotted them up with a dry paper towel after a few seconds.  Then I added white spatters with some slightly diluted white gauche using a paint brush.   The ground is Peeled Paint and Forest Moss with a bit of Black Soot around the edges.  I removed the mask for the moon and added Fossilized Amber to it.  I used a couple of light gray Copics to add the moon craters.


This little monster behind the door just makes me smile!!  For the windows I used some vellum and stamped the googly eyes and spider webs onto it with StazOn black ink.  I used a white gel pen on the reverse side and colored in the white of the eyes.  On the left window, I filled in around the eyes with a black pen.  After I glued the vellum pieces behind the openings, I added some thin foam tape to the back of the house and attached it to the background.

The sentiment is stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I die cut it out with a die from the Flag Double Stitched Dies.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful, crafty week!


Copic markers:
C0, C1, C3, C5, E13, E15, E34, N2, N6, V05, V06,
Y23, Y38, YG01, YG05, YG17, YG25, YG67, YR07, YR16