Saturday, December 7, 2019

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Exclusive Poinsettia Set! Available Only at Scrapbook.com!

Hello, Ai Fans! Happy Watercolor Weekend! We are here with three fabulous projects featuring inspiration from our NEW Poinsettia Set! This 6"x 8" set is filled with a variety of poinsettia images and holiday sentiments! It is perfect to stamp with water-based ink to pull the color from the lines like our watercolor technique, or stamp with a permanent waterproof ink (like Staz-On) and watercolor. It can also be stamped and colored with your favorite coloring technique, be it colored pencils or markers, and looks fantastic embossed! This set is extra special because it is exclusively available at Scrapbook.com! Be sure to grab yours here in time for Christmas crafting!
Without further ado, let's take a look at what our Watercolor Guest Design Team created with this gorgeous set!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello, My favorite artist Bonnie Krebs, Art Impressions owner/creator designed this large, beautiful 5209 - SBC Exclusive Poinsettia set which is available exclusively from Scrapbooks.com. I love using the sentiments on all of my Christmas cards. I made this one by stamping the wreath in Memento Desert Sand on Bristol smooth paper. I watercolored the poinsettias first using Ranger Distress ink in candy apple on a palette. I didn't use the usual #4 brush, I used the #1 brush as the images are pretty small. After the poinsettias were dry, I used 757 to make the darker areas. I used 993 on the centers of the poinsettias then after they dried, I added 026 for the darker areas. I used 249 on the holly leaves and then after they dried, I added 026 to the holly. I watercolored the berries in 827 and after they dried, I added 606. I stamped the sentiment in the center of the wreath using leaf green Archival ink. I stamped the sentiment on the inside with the same ink. I cut out the circle using the 5064 - Circle Double Stitched Dies and cut out a frame for it of that rose gold die paper. I cut out the background pieces using the A2 Rectangle Double Stitched Dies


Karen Day - Blog - Facebook - Pinterest
I used the largest image in the set, stamping it twice on my Canson XL Watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink, and then embossed them both with clear embossing powder. For this project, I used my Tombow Dual Brush markers - scribbling them onto my palette, and picking them up with a damp paintbrush after mixing varying amounts of water. I use a "glazing" technique, starting by colouring each section of the image with the lightest colour, then layering on more colours, getting darker each time. All the poinsettia petals got a pale wash of #991 Light Ochre, and then I began adding three different layers of #837 Wine Red - a pale pink layer, and then 2 more, concentrating the colour near the veins. I wanted to warm up the tips of the petals even more, so I added #946 Gold Ochre, which gave them more of a peachy glow! The leaves were done in the same manner, starting with #991 to give a yellow undertone, then layers of #158 Dark Olive, #249 Pine Green, and finally a mixture of #565 Deep Blue #249 Pine Green for the darkest tones. I kept the holly greenery light & bright using #991, then #126 Light Olive. I used my artistic license to colour the holly berries with #533 Peacock blue and shaded with #565 Deep Blue (red berries just wouldn't look right!) Since the image is stamped in black, it meant that all of the ferns and delicate foliage remained black, so I painted a pale green wash behind them to suggest greenery, and then continued to paint a wash of blue & green, just to break up the plain background a little. I used one of the sentiments from the set, and stamped it with my Misti. The image is matted with some metallic blue cardstock which really picks up the colour of those berries! I adhered it to a moss green card base using 3D pop dots.


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
WOW! December came in like a hurricane up here in the New England Region. These poinsettias were the perfect pop of color amidst all of the glorious snow. I loved watercoloring these beautiful flowers. They are quick and easy so you can make lots of beautiful Christmas cards. I hope you will try your hand at watercoloring these amazing images created by Bonnie Krebs at Art Impressions.

COLORING DETAILS
Using my MISTI stamping tool, I positioned the poinsettias in the middle of a 4.5 x 6 inch piece of watercolor paper. I inked the poinsettias and the berries up with 925. Next I inked the foliage up with 177. I stamped it down on the watercolor paper (similar to watercoloring with the AI watercolor stamp line). I used my brush and added water to the lines, remembering where the darkest areas would be. After the first layer dried, I added some additional color from my palette. I continued to add color to the areas I wanted the darkest until I was satisfied with the result. I did go in with my fine tip and darken some additional areas.

Next I moved onto the foliage. I dabbed my brush around to soften the color and give the branches some depth. Once that was dry, I added some 569 around the bottoms of the poinsettias and leaves for a shadow. As a final detail I threw a little bling on the poinsettias with my Wink of Stella pen.

CARD DETAILS
Using a method that I saw on Jennifer McGuire’s site, I did partial die cutting around the pointsettias. I wanted the stitched look to continue without cutting into the hard work I did on the flowers. I fussy cut out anything that didn’t get cut with the partial die cutting. I placed the piece back into the MISTI and lined up the sentiment. Using Gina K Designs Amalgam ink, I stamped it along the bottom right of the poinsettias.

I added the watercolor piece to a mat of Gina K Designs Christmas Pine card stock cut to 4 x 5.25. I secured it to a card base made out of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock. 

This card was so easy to make that I am going to enjoy creating some beautiful cards with these designs. I would love to see what you come up with. Tag me on Instagram (@tobin0971)! Happy stamping!


Thanks, team! These projects sure are inspiring! There are just so many ways this set can be colored! Each way is so jolly for wintertime!

If you love this set, you can hop over to Scrapbook.com to buy it, as it is only available at Scrapbook.com! 

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

التاج المثالي للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
التاج المثالي للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.