Saturday, January 4, 2020

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Exclusive Hydrangea Set! Available Only at Scrapbook.com!




Hello, Ai Fans! Happy Watercolor Weekend!

If you loved our last feature with our Poinsettia Set, you are sure to adore our new Hydrangea Set, now available exclusively at Scrapbook.com! This 6"x 8" set is filled with a variety of hydrangea bunches and individual images, plus six sentiments to match! It is perfect to stamp with water-based ink to pull the color from the lines like our watercolor technique, or stamp with a permanent waterproof ink (like Staz-On) and watercolor. It can also be stamped and colored with your favorite coloring technique, be it colored pencils or markers, and looks fantastic embossed! This set is extra special because it is exclusively available at Scrapbook.com! Be sure to grab yours here (or sign up for notifications if it is out of stock!).

Without further ado, let's take a look at what our Watercolor Guest Design Team created with this stunning set!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello and Happy New Year!

I made this card with the 5229 - SBC Exclusive Hydrangeas Set created by Bonnie Krebs, owner/creator of Art Impressions Stamps for Scrapbook.com. I buy from them for many of my crafting supplies. I stamped and watercolored these hydrangeas like Bonnie showed us how on her Watercolor Wednesday tutorial. Check it out here. I also stamped a butterfly from the 5067 - Gates of Righteousness Set in N25 then I watercolored it with pink and purple. The sentiment is from the Hydrangeas set and I stamped it in Versafine black ink. I cut it out with the largest square die from the 5061 - Square Double Stitched Dies set. You can't tell from this picture but I also used my Sakura Glitter Gelly Roll pen to outline the sentiment then added glitter to the centers of the flowers and the butterfly.  It's so pretty in person.


Thank you for checking out my blog! You can find more of my cards on my Instagram account here



Karen Day - Blog - Facebook - Pinterest

I started by putting some Bristol Smooth cardstock in my Misti, and put the largest image in as well.  I started by colouring directly onto the leaves of the image with my Tombow Dual Brush Marker in #126 Light Olive, and did the veins and base of each leaf in #177 Dark Jade.  After stamping it onto my cardstock, I was able to see any areas that I'd missed, or wanted to be darker, and (thanks to the Misti!) went over those areas again.  Without removing the cardstock from the Misti, I used my damp #4 paintbrush to pull out the colour, filling the leaves in with the #126, and using the #177 for shadows.   Once the leaves dried, I used #533 Peacock Blue to colour all of the blossoms, and stamped it several times, again making sure all of the areas were covered.  I picked up my paintbrush again to soften the lines and pull out the colour.  I scribbled my #565 Deep Blue marker onto my palette, and picked it up with a wet #1 paintbrush - and I used this to add dots to the middle of each bloom - this helped to define each blossom.  I also used the #565 to add shadows to areas where blooms were under leaves, or recessed behind others.  The shadows really help to make the image less 2 dimensional, and more realistic looking.  I mixed a bunch of the colours that were on my palette with water and used it to paint a wash around the image, then splattered a little black paint on the whole image.  After die cutting the image with the large rectangular die, I put it back in my Misti, picked one of the sentiments from the set, and stamped it in the top corner with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.  I mounted it on a periwinkle blue piece of cardstock that shows through the cutouts on the die, and then onto a piece of black. 


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook

I am so excited to share my projects this weekend using the new Exclusive Hydrangea set made by Art Impressions for Scrapbook.com.  This set is so awesome because you can literally use any medium to color these beautiful flowers.  I decided to use my Tombows to create some really cool layouts. I watercolored them and used several different watercolor techniques.
Project Details
To begin I placed a piece of 4.5 x 6 inch watercolor paper into the MISTI.  Next, I placed the large hydrangea stamp into the top right side of the watercolor paper.  This enabled me to turn my paper 180 degrees and stamp it again.
I inked the leaves with my 177-Dark Jade and the flowers with my 565 - Deep Blue and spritzed them lightly with water.  I stamped it down on the watercolor paper.  I re-inked any spots where I wanted the color to be a little darker and continued to stamp it until I was happy with the results.
Using my #1 watercolor brush, I started adding water to the leaves pulling the color of the lines.  In order to make the leaves a little more interesting, I added some 133-Chartreuse to my palette and added some additional color to the leaves.  
Next, I added water to the Hydrangea blooms using my #1 brush.  I really just jumped my brush around.  It was a really quick layout.
Card Assembly
To create the card, I cut my project out with the medium stitched rectangle die.  I added this to a Gina K Designs Christmas Pine mat cut down to 4 x 5.5 using Gina K Designs connect glue (my favorite!).  I then cut .5 x 3.75 inch piece of matching card stock.  I stamped the sentiment in versamark ink into the middle of the card stock (after using my embossing magic bag) and covered it with white embossing powder.  I heated the embossing powder with my Heat It Craft Tool.  I added it to the middle of my project piece using Connect Glue.  I added this piece to a side folding Neenah Solar White 110 lb card base.
I loved working with this set and created a lot more pieces just by spritzing my stamp with water.  This allowed me to get so many pieces without re-inking my stamp.  Check out my blog for more inspiration.
I hope you have gotten some inspiration this weekend and as always we look forward to seeing your projects.  Tag us on Instagram!  Use #AIWatercolor so everyone can see your beautiful cards!



WOW! We love the stunning dimension our team added to these beautiful florals!

If you love this set, you can hop over to Scrapbook.com to buy it, as it is only available at Scrapbook.com! 

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Carol H. said...

Wow! Each one of your projects is absolutely beautiful!!!