Thursday, March 5, 2020

New WC Release Week 2 + Challenge #277 Home Sweet Home Week 2!!!

Hello, Ai Fans!



Today we have released our Lamp Post Set, WC Flower Set 4,
Decorative Post Set, and Wrought Iron Set.

These are all great new additions to your collection of watercolor stamps, and work well with our new releases from last week!

You can shop these new sets at artimpressions.com

Ready to see what our Watercolor Design Team has come up with next?!

Here is Tricia's adorable creation with our 2nd week Watercolor Release : 




Welcome to another watercolor new release! We are so excited to share these awesome stamps with you.

I inked one of the new Large Shop Set stamps with Tombow Pen 969. I pulled the color out of the lines, keeping the bottom left of the roof dark as well as the left side of the shoppe avoiding the flower box and where the flowers are going to go.  
I added some additional color from my palette onto the roof as well as the chimney.  I also added some brown to the door, keeping beneath the awning very dark.  To create a shadow, I pulled some color out from in front of the door and building.

I added some pink to the outside of the building.  Next, from my palette, I added blue to the windows, pink lines to the awnings and sign.  I inked the “Café” with 606 and stamped it onto the sign.  I mixed some blue and brown to get gray and added it to the bottoms of the flower boxes.  

I used the small vines from the Foliage Set 4 inked in 249 and I used the Flower Set 4 from the new release to add some flowers to the foliage inked in purple and pink.  I added water to the leaves and blooms.

Lastly, I inked the large bench from the new Wrought Iron Set with 969 and using my
Stamp Positioner, placed it to the right of my shop.  I added water only to the seat.  To ground all the images, I used 969 from my palette and added it to the front of the shoppe and underneath the bench.  As always, make sure you sign and date your painting!

Thank you so much for stopping by and we hope we have inspired you to create your own paintings using these awesome new releases.





Dot used our newest florals and some classic stamps to make a cheery addition!




Greetings Ai Family,

Art Impressions has just released more brand new stamps and these flowers and the birdhouse are from two of the new sets. 
I stamped the boot from the 5194 - WC Shoe Set on Bristol Smooth paper after inking it in the 969 then the 565 and stamping it off first on scratch paper. I pulled the color out of the lines then placed a mask over the boot so I could stamp the flowers inside it. 

I stamped the pink roses from the 5258 - WC Flower Set 4 after inking them in 158 and 685.  The yellow I used on the other flowers was 993.  I used my favorite grass stamp which is from the 5196 - WC Desert Set inked in 58 to fill in the lower area of the flowers and on the ground, then I stamped the pink flowers from the new set 5258 inked in 685. 

I dabbed at all the flowers with a wet brush tip and pulled the color out of the green areas. Next, I stamped the birdhouse from the new 5264 - WC Decorative Post Set inked in black Ranger Archival Ink. I colored it with 158 and 685 from the palette.  

I colored the boot in with the 993 and N25 on the palette, the sky in 526 and the shadows under everything with 565. I stamped the sentiment inked in black Archival Ink from the 5136 - WC Sentiment Set 2. I cut it out along with a border piece using the 5135 - Hexagon Double Stitched Dies and another background piece with from the 5063 - Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies.

Thank you for checking out my blog!  You can find more of my cards on my Instagram account here

Supplies used listed below:



Karen from our Watercolor Design Team has created a beautiful exclusive for this new release too!!


Along with the Large Shops and Large Cottages release from last week are two accessory sets, and I am featuring 5264 - WC Decorative Post Set.  
It works perfectly with other stamp sets in the Ai Watercolor line, so I started by inking up one of the doorways from 5015 - WC Hobbit Door Set using Tombow Dual Brush Marker #565 Deep Blue, which I stamped onto scrap paper.  
Without cleaning the stamp, I inked it up again in #969 Chocolate and then stamped it onto my Canson XL watercolor paper.  I chose one of the birdhouses from the Decorative Post Set, and using my Stamp Positioner, I inked it up in #565/969 and stamped it beside the stone walkway.  I scribbled #158 Dark Olive onto my palette, and picked it up with my #4 Paintbrush, painting a wash of green to suggest the grassy hillside, and defining where the path would be.


We also have a new Flower set releasing today: so I chose the spiky stemmed flower from 5258 - WC Flower Set 4, coloured the stem in #249 Hunter Green, and the bloom in #606 Violet, stamping it around the base of the birdhouse, and on the other side of the path.  (I used another of the images from the set, and stamped it behind them, but they got lost a bit in the scene!) I chose the tiny dotted flower image from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set, coloured in #757 Port Red and added them to my floral cluster.  With the small grass image from Foliage Set - 4051, I stamped it in #158, around the flowers,  beside the door, and over the mound of the hill, to define it's shape.  
With a damp brush, I softened the line of the grasses and flowers.  I picked up #757 from my palette and coloured in the birdhouse, and picked up #969 to paint the roof and the wood frame around the door.  I picked up #992 Sand and painted in the walkway.  I used #493 Reflex blue to paint the round door, and added a little more water to it, to paint in the sky.  After die cutting my image with a stitched circle die, I used my Misti to position the sentiment from 5136 - WC Sentiment Set 2, and stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black ink.


 The card is 5" square, and after matting the circle with some purple cardstock, I adhered it to the base with pop dots, over a pink organdy bow.  I few sequins add some sparkle.




We are in week 2 of our newest challenge, and we are really enjoying how you are using architecture in your card creations! What can you "build" with a little creativity, some cute stamps, and thoughts of home? This is your chance to use your watercolor houses, a barn, a she-shed, a swing-set--the options are endless! 

Need a little more inspiration? Here's what our design team has cooked up for the challenge so far!

Tricia's card features two cozy cabins in the woods,
using our newly released Mini Cabin Set



Jessica used our Dock Circlet and made a relaxing oasis by a lake!



Jil used the Large Cabin to make this cozy creation!!!



Renee used our Cottage Window set to create a sweet picture frame!


Niccole's cheerful farm features Home Sweet Home Sentiment and 5180 – Barnyard Animal Cubbies


Carol used our Happy Trails Set to make a bright home on the go!





We want to see how you create cards that include a building, house, or structure! Though you can use any stamps you have, we'd love to see any Art Impressions products in your collection! Hurry, challenge closes March 11th at 5PM PT!


Here are the Challenge Rules...
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



Happy Stamping!

No comments: