Saturday, August 1, 2020

Watercolor Roundup 8.1.2020





Hello, Ai Fans!

Welcome to another Watercolor Roundup!

Our fantastic design team has brought some cards that they have created for our partnership with Scrapbook.com's Cards for Kindness.

Be sure to follow these lovely ladies on social media by clicking the link in pink next to their names!


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook

Watercolor weekend fans, it’s time for another inspiring weekend!

 I decided to create this easy “Thinking about you” card.  

I am so happy you decided to stop by and I hope you are inspired to create some cards for your friends and family.  




Art Impressions is partnering up with Scrapbook.com’s event, Cards for Kindness.  That is also our current challenge, check it out here.  




Stay tuned and I’ll tell you how I made this card!


I used my MISTI stamping tool for this project.  Sometimes when you are doing a large area, it helps to use a stamping tool so you can ink it up in sections.  I lined up the Blossom Border Set in my MISTI and inked it up in sections with 725-Pink, 969-Brown, and 177-Green.  I stamped them onto the watercolor paper.  


I pulled the color out of the flowers first, making sure to keep the centers the darkest.  Whenever I feel like I don’t have enough contrast, I add some additional color from my palette.  Use water to soften the color out, making sure to leave some white space at the top of the petals.  Next, I added water to the leaves.  I wasn’t careful about mixing the browns and greens, I like the mixing of the color.


To give the painting some depth, I pulled color to the outside of the stamp.  Lastly, I signed and dated my work.


I cut the piece out with my rectangle stitched die and mounted it on a piece of Gina K Design Passionate Pink cardstock cut to 5.25x4.  I stamped the sentiment (from Gina K Designs A Big Hello stamp set).  I mounted it onto a piece of Neenah Solar White card stock.


Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you will consider joining in with Art Impressions, Scrapbook.com and the entire design team in participating in this inspiring event.  I hope you have a crafty day and stay safe!





Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest

Hello,


All of the Art Impression's Design Team members are participating in the Cards for Kindness event hosted by Scrapbook.com and here are the 10 cards that I am sending. You can click here for more information on the event. I usually participate in these types of events because who doesn't get excited to get a homemade card AND I love making cards so I usually have an abundance.




To recreate the fall scene card below, first stamp the birdhouse from the 5261 Large Birdhouse Set in the center of your paper after inking it in both the Tombow 969 and the 565 pens. 



Use the stamp positioner to stamp the basket and the apples from the 5059 Harvest Set on one side of the birdhouse, inked the same 969 and 565 and the cat from the 4873 Cats Set on the other side.  

Next pull the colors out of the lines on all three images then watercolor the roof and the posts with the Tombow 837.  Stamp the leaves from the 4605 Basket Set in the 837, then in the 947 and then in the 993. 

Watercolor the windows of the birdhouse in 565. Use 565 to add shade lines under the posts and anywhere you think shadows should be. Next watercolor the apples in the 837 but be sure to leave a highlight so they look more round. Watercolor the leaves in 177. Add shadows between the apples with the tip of a fine tip Copic Multi liner. 

Color the basket in 969 and the metal parts in the N45. Watercolor the cat with the N45 and use a touch of the 837 for the cat's ear and cheeks.  Use a fine tip pin the add the whiskers and  darken the eyes and nose. Use the foliage from the 5126 Foliage Set 4 and stamp it around first in the 993 then in the 947. Use some of the 947 to make the dirt and then use 565 to add the shadows under the apple basket and the cat. Use 565 to watercolor in the sky.  



Karen Day - Blog - Facebook - Pinterest

Hello Ai Watercolour fans!

A few weeks ago, I posted a softer retro-feel look using 5260 - WC Large Shops Set, and I have another one to share with you today, using the other shop image.


 I inked up the shop with my Tombow Dual Brush Marker in #879 Brown, and softened the lines with my damp #4 paintbrush - I love the smudgy/hazy feeling it gives to my scene!  I pulled out the brown colour to add a light wash to the roof, and painted in the door handle hardware with my brown.  

Since I was aiming for a soft & pretty effect, I chose #772 Blush - coloured on the tiny dotted flower image from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set, which I stamped repeatedly in the window boxes.  After softening them with my paintbrush, I stamped them a second time to get some darker colour onto the flowers.  It was also painted on the door, and I added darker lines to suggest that it is painted wood.  

I scribbled #991 Light Ochre onto my palette, and painted it in bold stripes on the awning, and a soft wash on the sign and door cover.  With #526 True Blue, I added pale colour to the shop, and a darker version of it to the window boxes.  Using #312 Holly Green, and the small leafy image from 5009, I stamped foliage on either side of the shop, and then painted it in to suggest the grass, keeping an unpainted area for the walkway and a circular patio.  I used the marker directly on the paper to add foliage to the window boxes.

I coloured the table and two of the chairs from 5265 - WC Wrought Iron Set in #879, and used my Stamp Positioner to place them on my little patio.  A little of #493 Reflex Blue was painted in for the sky, and #565 Deep Blue was painted into the windows and as shadows where needed.  I die cut my scene with a stitched square die, matted it with chocolate cardstock and adhered it to my polkadot card base.  I stamped the sentiment from 5136 WC Sentiment Set 2 in Versafine Onyx Black ink, then cut it out with 5064 Circle Double Stitched Dies.  After matting it with chocolate cardstock, I adhered it to the base with 3D foam adhesive.

Here are the ten cards that I am sending to Cards for Kindness - you can see photos of each card here:



Thank you, ladies, for your wonderful weekend additions to our blog!
Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Laura Mildred said...

Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app orCall him: +2347012841542