Saturday, December 5, 2020

Watercolor Roundup 12.5.2020





Hello, Ai Fans!

Welcome to another Watercolor Roundup!

This weekend our Watercolor Design Team has some creative, inspiring creations for you!

Be sure to follow these lovely ladies on social media by clicking the link in pink next to their names!


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook

 Hello Art Impressions watercolor fans, and welcome to another Watercolor Weekend!  


I am so excited to show you my project for this weekend, it’s a Gingerbread House.  This is a great project to show you how you can stretch your stamps.  I used one stamp only in the creation of this project, I used one of the Large Cabins to create this holiday treat.



Painting Details

 

In order to determine how I was going to stamp the cabin (meaning what I was going to leave off), I inked it up with brown and stamped it onto a sticky note.  I then took a pencil and circled what I wanted to be left off (all of the window boxes).  I then circled where I wanted the frosting icicles to be.  I also wanted to do the door, so it looked like a chocolate bar and the door frame to look like a candy cane.  This gave me a good template for when I started to paint.  Sometimes if I don’t plan something like this, I forget to leave the white space I need for such things.

 




 

Once I was happy with the design, I inked up the stamp with the brown (after I cleaned it well), I carefully only inked the areas that weren’t circled and stamped it towards the bottom third of my watercolor paper.  I added some Molotov to the areas where I wanted it to be frosting and let that dry.  Once it was dry, I pulled the color out of the lines. 

 

For the candy canes, I added some red stripes to the door frame and the window frames with my paintbrush, for smaller areas I used the bullet nib of my red marker.  Next, I took a pencil and drew in the candies along the roof.  I painted them using my color from my palette.  

 

To achieve the gingerbread look, I added additional brown to the building and chimney, not being really careful as I thought the variation gave a more natural look.  For the bushes (I saw them as gum drops…mmm) I painted them in using green.  For the door, I added in some darker brown in blocks to replicate the look of a chocolate bar.  I kept layering the brown until I got a look I liked.  For the snow, I added some blue to the ground around the house for a snowy effect.

 

Once it was completely dry, I removed the Molotov and added some shadows using my blue.  To finish the look of the icing, I used my white paint marker to draw in the icing between the candies on the roof and the windows.  Lastly, I signed and dated my work.

 

This was so much fun to paint and it allows me to use my stamps in a creative way which I love!!  I hope you give this a try and share what you create on Instagram or Facebook.  I hope this gives you some ideas for your Christmas Cards!  

Happy crafting!




Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - PinterestYouTube

Hello,

I made this barn scene card for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend. 

It's a pretty fast, easy one to do but the hard part for me was turning it into a shaker card. 


If you want to try this one, ink up the barn from the 4807 - Old Barn Set first in the brown Tombow 969 then in the Blue 565. Stamp it off, then stamp it on your watercolor paper or Bristol Smooth paper, as I used. Pull the color out of the lines then color the windows in with 933 on the bottom and 055 on the top. Use the fine tip of the green 177 pen to draw in your Christmas tree and wreath. Dab at them with a wet brush to smooth the lines. Use the fine tip of the red 856 pen to add dots and a bow. Use a ruler to add lines on the barn with the fine tip of the N95 pen. Use Molotow to draw in some snow where the tree is going to be and when it's dry, use the fir stamps from the 4960 - Fir Tree Set and the 177 pen to add branches. Dab at them with a wet brush. Stamp the little old couple inked in 565 from the 5380 Silhouettes Set on the scene.  Dab at them with a wet brush and add a little shadow under them using 565. Add shadows under the barn and tree.  Erase the Molotow and then use a little 565 to add shadows under the snow piles. Use 565 to add the sky. When it's dry, use the Signo Uni-ball white pigment ink pen to add snow drops everywhere. 

Supplies used:

Karen Day - Blog - Facebook - Pinterest

 Hello Ai fans!

I'm using the sweet image from 5060 - WC Snowman Set for my holiday card today:



I started by colouring the entire body image with my #565 Deep Blue Tombow Dual Brush marker, and then carefully coloured over just the hat, scarf and bits of coal with #969 Chocolate, before stamping onto my Canson XL Watercolour paper.  I coloured and stamped the twig arms in both colours, adding them to either side of my little man.  With my damp #4 paintbrush, I pulled the colour out from all the stamped lines, concentrating the blue where the shadows would be.  

I added #158 Dark Olive and #856 Chinese Red to my palette, and painted them onto the scarf and hatband, leaving a few white areas as hightlights.  I did the same with #N25 Lamp Black, painting it onto the shadowy areas of the hat, fading it down to nothing.  I used the N25 marker directly on the paper to add a few more defined shadows to the hat and all of the lumps of coal.  

My damp #1 paintbrush was used to pull the colour from the twigs, and a little more #969 was painted in where needed.  I used the small greenery image from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set coloured with #158 to stamp some greenery on the hat, and used the tiny dotted flowers in #856 to add the berries, then touched both with a damp brush.  A watery #565 was painted around him as the sky, and used to add a few extra shadows where necessary.



My card base was made with some Simple Stories paper that I zigzag stitched with my sewing machine using some pale lime green thread.  The snowman was die cut with the 5064 Circle Double Stitched Dies, and the sentiment from 5935 - Sparkle & Cheer Set was die cut with the 5063 - Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies.  Both were mounted with 3D foam dots and a few green sprigs were tucked underneath.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬