Monday, May 17, 2021

Hen House Sunrise by Bri Firth

Hello Ai Fans - Bri here! Today, I am sharing a rustic sunrise themed card featuring the new Hen House Cubbies stamp set, which is part of the Critter Cubbies collection. This card is featured on my personal blog today, check it out here


I used three layers of cardstock to create this card front: the country plain card base, a white cardstock layer, and a layer of ink blending (Bristol Smooth) cardstock. I used the Rounded Rectangle Double Stitched Dies to die cut the front two layers. I ink blended with Distress Oxide inks to create the sunrise sky background blend. I used Ripe Persimmon, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, and Broken China oxides to create the sunrise background. I used Brushed Corduroy to ink blend the dirt on the lower edge. I used Vintage Photo ink to create the splatter effect on the sunrise background.

I stamped the Hen House images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Neenah Solar White cardstock and colored the images with my Copic Sketch alcohol markers. The colors I used are listed at the end of this blog post. This Hen House Cubbies stamp set comes with its very own coordinating dies!

I traced the hen house onto a piece of vellum and layered the vellum behind the colored image to mute the background of the open windows. I used strips of distress yellow cardstock to recreate hay inside the big hen house window. I glued the chicks and hen to the hen house with some liquid adhesive. 


To finish this card, I first die cut a rugged wooden fence from kraft cardstock using the WC Fence die set. Next, I used white embossing powder to heat emboss the "Hello Sunshine!" sentiment from WC Sentiment 2 set onto kraft cardstock. I inked the edges of all three layers and die cuts with Vintage Photo Distress ink. Finally, I used liquid adhesive to glue all the pieces onto the card front. 


Check back next week for more Ai inspiration made by me!


Ai Products Used:

Copic Markers Used:
R000, R11, R12, R14, R17
E21, E23, E25, E27
Y00, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y38
W00, W1, W3
C1, C3, C5, C7

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Love your colorful hen house scene, Bri!