Saturday, October 30, 2021

Autumn Farm Scene - New Windows to The World Set!


Are you in love with the newest Windows To The World sets issued this week at Ai? In case you're not familiar with them, the line features miniature peeks into a scene and always include a separate stamp to use as a 3D element. They come with dies as well. They also always include a hand written message around all sides of the image. Today I'm featuring the new #5449 - Autumn Window Set. I'm a big fall lover and this scene doesn't disappoint!

The Windows To the World sets can be used several ways. They are sized perfectly to coordinate with the new #5408 Shadowbox Window Die set. You can also use them with #4619 Window Die Set or #4760 Garden Window Stamp and Die Set. These dies give a lot of dimension and the feeling that you really are looking through a window.

For this card I decided to keep it very simple. I created a square card base and applied a patterned paper that had pretty orange houses with gold foil accents. Then I cut a window on the front using the Square Double Stitched Die set. Inside the card, I stamped the image so that it appears through the window. Two of the Square Stitched dies to make a frame for the window in the same cardstock as the base. 

Then came the fun part! I colored the two stamps with Copic markers and cut out the basket. I mounted the basket in the scene with double-sided foam tape. A brown bow at the top was all the extra embellishment I thought this card needed.

This window would be a lot of fun to color in so many mediums! Pencils, water color and alcohol markers all work perfectly and they make up super quickly since they are fairly small images. 

I hope you liked seeing this fantastic new set. I highly recommend that you go check out all the newest sets now available at the Ai store!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

2 comments:

Kathy JH said...

Fall is my favorite time of year! Love the card and the image!

Dot J Freel said...

Beautiful card! Love it!