Thursday, December 2, 2021

Merry Chris-mice! Paper Piecing Card by Crystal


Hi Ai fans! This week I played with the Christmas Mice set. I thought this stamp set would be fun to do paper piecing with but wow it has lots of tiny pieces. It was fun to make this card but took a lot longer then I thought it would. I think if I did this again I would only paper piece the couch and color the rest.  


So if you haven't ever paper pieced with a stamp set this is how I do it. I stamp the image onto my background in this case it was just a white piece of card stock. I then stamp the stamp on to different piece of pattern paper. After I figure out which pattern I want where I fussy cut the pieces out and glue them down to the original stamped image I stamped onto the background.   


I kept the background plain since the image has a lot going on. I just matted the image onto some pattern paper and adhered it to a 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" card base. I stamped the sentiment "Merry Chris-mice!" and matted it onto some pattern paper and adhered it under the image. 

Do you like paper piecing or do you find it to take to long and rather color your image in? I actually find it relaxing and something a little different then always coloring an image in. 

Happy Stamping! 




 

No comments: