Thursday, August 25, 2022

NEW RELEASE-Front Porch Halloween by Mercy Sauer

 Welcome back, this is Mercy, and thank you for joining me this week. I’m very excited to show you the first I card created from this release. It’s set 5487, a halloween add on to the already existing front porch series. 

Let’s take a look! 




I challenged myself to transform the colonial style door from the front porch series into a worn-down, abandoned front porch. I started by stamping the door on a slimline panel. Then I drew in two sets of parallel lines to create the roof. I added two “columns”, on each side of the front porch, I extended the porch floor, shown in gray, and finally added some grass.

At this point the background was stamped and drawn in. Now, it was time to color, which was so fun! For the roof, I created the wood detail using Copics and pen lines. For the walls, I drew in exposed bricks and used the spider web stamp from the set. I even added some lines on the windows to create more webs and cracks. Once I began coloring, I started with Copic marker E11 and kept adding different shades from the same color family. It’s all about layering colors, but be sure to let the layers dry to avoid the ink from blooming.

Then it was time for the front door, which was my favorite to color. With a pen, I added vertical lines and left gaps between them. I colored in those gaps in yellow and the rest in black, it looks like and old door with pieces of the wood planks missing. Fun! 

Once the background was completed, it was time to stamp and color the set elements. Honestly, this was the easiest part of the card. I used adhesive and pop ups for most of the elements. For the tree, I used foam tape on the trunk and left the branches loose to create a shadow. 

This card took quite a while to create. It took about four hours! Most of that time was spent on the background. When I craft, I forget time, especially with this card. I am definitely not the one to be asked for time saving tips while crafting...lol. I was careful and slow, but it was completely worth the time at the end. I love the outcome.  

Once again, thanks for being here, and I will see you next time, I hope you enjoyed! 





1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely amazing!! I can't stop looking at it!!!