Thursday, September 22, 2022

Potted Flowers by Mercy Sauer

Happy September crafty friends, the month of last-minute things...getting the kids back to school, impromptu mini vacations, yard work and a few leftover lazy summer nights.  In a busy month, let’s make sure we sneak in some crafty time.     Let’s get going!

The theme for my cards today is plotted plants!    This stamp set is beautiful and versatile; I use them plenty of times not just as the main theme of the card, but also as supporting elements.





I created an interactive “Lawn Fawn flipping awesome” design by stamping a different pot per mini page.   This is an easy way to create a no fuss card that looks like you spent hours creating.    The colors are soft and perfect for any occasions.

My second card is simple one layer matted card.
I masked the pots and then stamped the flowers. Remember to first stamp the element you want in the foreground, mask and follow by stamping the second element. I created the wood log shelf by drawing two parallel lines without a ruler, added some organic doodles to suggest a wood pattern and then colored. It's easy if you don't think about it too much!

Overall, I absolutely love these two cards and the very simple stamp set I used to create them.

Some final thoughts for the day! I buy sets I love, even if marketed for different applications or mediums, as long as they work with my preferred method of creating.  I also love to use interactive sets to supplement my designs. What are some of your suggestions?  


That’s it for now.... keep on crafting and I will see you next week. 


4 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

That is the cutest thing ever!

Lara Clardy said...

Did you use a stamp set for the various "hello's"? I love that idea. Very nice work.

Kreativestamping said...

Hi Lara, thank you. Yes i did stamp a different pot per sentiment. I .hope I answered your question. If not please let me know. You can also send me a message in Instagram @kreativestamping :)

Kreativestamping said...

Lara, I used the Fawn Lawn Reveal Wheel sentiments for the Hello's. I forgot to list it.