Thursday, October 27, 2022

Halloween Backgrounds by Mercy Sauer

Halloween is almost here!   One of my favorite holidays, I don't like scary but love cute, and Halloween is all about cute and fun!   

Welcome friends, this is Mercy and I have two cards for you today.

Both cards are Halloween themed, both include the infamous Halloween Black Cat!

Let's take a look...



I created interest by including multidimensional backgrounds on both cards.  I inked, die cut, and color before I even worked on the elements and the sentiments.

In both cases, the first step included ink blending an interesting background with lots of texture and dimension.


I followed by die cutting the trees (and fence in the second card) in two different colors, the foreground and the background color which serves as the highlight color.   


As you can see, even though I have yet to include the elements, the backgrounds already set the vibe for the card theme.
 

At this point, I stamped, colored and die cut the elements and sentiments, completing both cards.


Well this brings us to the end of the Halloween card season (for now).   Until next time, keep on crafting and HAPPY HALLOWEEN.   



1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Fabulous!! You really make me want to go home and pull out some inks and practice. Thanks so much for the awesome inspiration!!!