Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Pumpkin Gift-Card Holder in a Pocket by Nina

 Hello Ai fans, Nina here with an adorable Gift Card Holder in a card with a pocket. I know it is confusing :), I will explain it all, Let's begin.


I used the dies from the set Envelop GCH Set and it's Halloween Add-on Pumpkin Gift Card Holder Set. These two sets will create the envelop where the gift card is placed.

I used papers from Happy Haunting Paper collection and die cut the envelop from purple pattern paper and the pumpkin from orange pattern paper. I also die cut the mini pieces that create the pumpkin eyes, mouth, stem and spider.

I gave extra depth to the edges of the orange pumpkin piece and the purple envelop with a blending tool and distress inks. I used darker purple and darker orange than the pattern papers.

I attached the pumpkin pieces with glue to my pumpkin and glued the whole pumpkin on the front of the card-holder.  Now that the envelop is ready we can start working on our greeting card.


 I wanted to place my envelop in a pocket on the inside of the greeting card. So, I die cute the pocket using the pocket die included in Ai Journal Template Die Set and starry black paper. I folded the flaps along the score lines the die created and placed double sided tape on the flaps and attached it to the striped paper from the same Happy Haunting collection.


I wanted to place some fun element to peek out of the pocket when the card envelop is out of the pocket. So I found this cute black cat in the ephemera and embellished around her with enamel star stickers.


To decorate the outside of the card I used the Double stitched Round corner rectangle dies to cut a purple panel and decorated on top pieces from stickers and ephemera from the same colleciton. I then decorated it with enamel dots.


Check the step by step video tutorial here:





1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

This is so cool and very creative, Nina!! Love it!