Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Holiday Art Journal Series - Page 1 by Nina

 Hello Ai fans, Nina here and I am sharing with you this fun Art Journal Series that I am planning to keep going until Christmas!

Today we are creating the first page using Ai Christmas Truck Set and the Christmas Sentiments Set.


I cut multiple blank thick watercolor papers to 4.5" X 6" and I punch them using the Disc Punch and used discs to attach them together to create the journal. So let's begin creating the first page!

I cut a scrap of paper by hand to give this vintage worn-out look and then I ink blended light blue Distress Ink shades to create the sky on that scrap of paper.

I splashed the same shades after diluting them with water to give extra visual texture to my background.

I used a die from my stash to cut the Christmas trees twice and glued both the die cuts together to make them dimensional and sturdy. 


I inked the edges of the background scrap with Vintage Distress Ink color to complement the  worn-out look on the scrap and glued the background directly on my Art Journal Page. I cut two snowy hillsides and attached them with foam tape on top the background.

I used my Misti and Memento Tuxedo Black Ink to stamp the  snowman from Christmas Truck set and colored it with Copic markers. and placed it to my scene. I stamped "Let it Snow" from the Christmas Sentiments set with Archival ink on the top most Snow Bank.

I then decorated with snowy enamel dot colors.


Check the video tutorial here,



 

No comments: