Thursday, December 8, 2022

PRACTICE, PRACTICE & PRACTICE AGAIN by Mercy Sauer

 Welcome back friends, Mercy here. Today with four cards, basically the same card, with minor differences, all created with one goal, to practice and practice some more.   I used Copics for my coloring, a background stencil and Distress inks.  That is it.    Let's take a look,






I gently inked the background with a light color ink (any of your choice) and followed with a slightly darker color over the stencil to shape the trees.   Then using Copics, I used a similar color to the trees, (a bit darker) and colored in shadow lines on the left hand side of the trees.   The shadows were darker on the trees closer to the foreground and lighter on the trees more in the distance.   This technique is not obvious in the pictures, however, it looks beautiful with lots of depth in person.   The effect can be done lighter or darker as shown on the warm color card.   Similarly, I colored the koalas using different color families, just practicing. 

I hope these cards give you some ideas on choosing a technique and practicing.

Like always, thank you for coming back, and I will see you soon.






No comments: