Thursday, December 1, 2022

That's a Wrap Y'all by Mercy Sauer

Welcome friends to the last challenge of 2022.  I hope you are as excited as I am!   The official start of many gatherings, celebrations, and I am ready!

The “That’s a Wrap” challenge is very appropriate for this time of year, and I took it literally. I created an interactive card that is all about wrapped gifts.   It’s a birthday card for those who celebrate their birthdays during the holiday season.   Let’s look,





I modified the Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel die to show half of the wheel.   I used clear acetate (instead of cardstock) to mask the wheel mechanism and thus becoming less distracting.   I also shortened the panel size since I wanted to include a large sentiment on the bottom of the card.   Three different wrapped packages are adhered on the acetate wheel which are “revealed” once the wheel is rotated as suggested by the arrows on the card.  For the background, I used a large Happy Birthday background stamp prior to using a wood grain embossing folder for double texture.   One thing to keep in mind when creating this type of scene is to suggest depth and perspective on the floor to avoid the card from looking flat.  It's a great design to make it your own, create your own story.


I hope I inspire you to look at your interactive dies and come up with different and fun way to use. Good luck with the challenge, as always, have fun with it!



 

No comments: