Thursday, March 16, 2023

Inside Out Challenge by Mercy Sauer

 Hi friends, Mercy here with a brand new challenge. Inside Out is all about creating on the outside of your card as well as the inside. I love including designs on the inside of my cards and even in my envelopes. I just got the Doggy Kisses set and thought it would be perfect with the Dog House cubbies. Let's take a look!



I created a layered scene design using some trees and the two Ai sets noted below. When using two sets that are not necessarily designed to work together, play with the position of the elements to make sense of the space. In this case, the dog is way to large for the doggie house but because I placed him in the front, the perspective works. For the inside, my story for the card is that the puppy is healing and feeling better inside one of the houses.
 
As I have mentioned in other postings, many times I start a project without an ending in mind (design) and build the scene up depending on what I have. Shown below is a typical way I think of my scenes: I start coloring, die cutting and setting aside the elements. Then, I get an idea! I shop my stash and finalize the creation of my project.





Looking forward to enjoying and getting inspiration from all of your projects. Please be sure to tag Ai and post your projects on our blog!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love your sweet scene, Mercy! The sets work perfectly together. Looking forward to the new challenge.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how cute is this card!! Beautiful coloring and design, Mercy! Absolutely adorable!!