Thursday, April 20, 2023

NEWLY RELEASED MUSHROOM CUBBIES by Mercy Sauer

Hello folks, this is Mercy, welcome back to our Blog.    Today I have an extra special card.    I absolutely love this Mushroom Cubbies stamp and die set.   Some folks love Ai for their watercolors; however, I love their critters the most.  The artwork is the perfect combination of mystical, cute and fun critters that will guarantee a smile from even the most critical recipient.

The scene sits on a popped up panel allowing the elements to overflow onto the card base, and even a bit beyond.  I used Oxide Distress inks for the sky and the ground.  In addition, a grass stencil added a bit more definition and depth.

For the coloring, I created a pink triangle pattern including the flower, second floor door, windows and mushroom on the left.   I repeated the same technique and pattern with the reds.   Even though the card is busy, using the triangle pattern technique when coloring allows for all components to be "visible" without competing for attention.    It's a charming card that can be used for so many occasions!





I hope to inspire you to try out these techniques using any of our sets.  Also, visit our Ai website for additional inspiration from our design team of our most recent release.

  Until then, have a great week, see you soon.