Thursday, May 4, 2023

Gardening for Two by Mercy Sauer

Welcome back crafty friends, Mercy here, today with a card inspired by my husband and I since we enjoy gardening (except much younger and better looking..lol)
Let's take a look...




I will start by saying I love this card.   I love the artwork and how it came about.   My initial thought was to create a one layer card, some masking, and lots of Copic coloring.    I did all those things and then I colored the ground....it was awful!   I also masked the planter sitting in front of the lady farmer incorrectly...it was obvious.   In addition, I felt the flower meadow in the background was too dark towards the bottom.   However, I was determined to fix this card.   I took a chance and proceeded to color the rest of the card.    Once I was done, it really didn't look right.   So this is what I did...
                *     I drew in a white fence using a Gelly Roll pen in front of the flowers to lightened the                               area...first win!
                *     I die cut the scene using a smaller size rectangular die to see if changing the scale would                        help....it didn't 
                *    Then I decided to fuzzy cut straight around the fence and the bottom part of the two                                  farmers...therefore, removing the ground section of the panel/scene.
                *    At this point, I decided to cut a new panel and paint in the ground....it was the ground I                          hoped for originally
                *    Then I placed the trimmed original scene over the new card panel and I LOVED the                              results.
                *    Finally I restamped the flower pot, fuzzy cut and added it to the finished card.  For extra                          interest, I did the same for the bee.
                *    I adhered the whole thing onto the final A2 size card

I love the results..the two farmers really pop off the card, the fence brighten the area, the potted plant looks right....a series of unfortunate events with a very happy ending.   So next time you are in a pickle, saving your project might be the right thing to do.   I love this technique, and I will use in future projects.
                
Happy Crafting Friends,     

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Your garden scene turned out beautifully, Mercy! Fabulous coloring.

Deb H. said...

Cute card to send to anyone who likes to garden.

Hunky Dory said...

Holy cow! Lots of work but so well worth it! Your card is a total win!

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow, you really struggled with this one, but OMG the results are so amazing!! Gorgeous coloring, Mercy!!

Kreativestamping said...

Thank you ladies!!!