Thursday, August 24, 2023

Back to Scenes by Mercy Sauer

Welcome back friends...today I decided to create a whimsical scene using the newly released Ai products, Fairy House Set, Whimsical Mushroom Set and Little Things Sentiment Set. Before we begin, let's take a look,



My intention was to create a scene highlighting the glow of the late afternoon sun.   To achieve this effect, I used yellows throughout the scene mixed with other colors.

    The first step was to stamp all the elements.  


Then I added some lines to depict far away hills and the ground. The smaller fairy house looks to be separated from the front, and larger fairy house, by open land.


At this point, I proceeded to color the scene using Copics, and, most importantly I added yellow in the areas I did not want to forget.

 
Many times when I create a card that requires lots of coloring, it looks like a hot mess and I have the urge to start over; however, I stop myself, most times it does work out!


It's important to be patient and continue working on the scene, one area at a time, slowly it begins to look better and come together.


This summer release is so special.   I love the whimsy and beauty of the stamps.   Definitely looking forward to creating lots of new projects.    Until next time,



4 comments:

Hunky Dory said...

Wow Mercy - your card is amazing! The artistry and coloring is awesome! Beautiful, beautiful card!

Deb H. said...

Wow. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing how you created the scene and the fact that you used the color yellow to create the warm glow.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my word!!! My jaw dropped when I saw this!! What a gorgeous work of art!! Your coloring is nothing short of spectacular!! Absolutely amazing!!

Kreativestamping said...

thank you ladies, always so supportive, I appreciate it!