Thursday, August 31, 2023

Two for One Part II by Mercy Sauer

Thank you for your time and checking out my second project for the week.   As promised, this project is what I call a "freebie" a "two for one".   Before I begin, let me start by showing you the project.  It's a Christmas tag, super versatile, we always need tags!


You might ask, what is so cool about this tag? well, it was created by using the spent cardstock I used to die cut snowflakes for my challenge project.  I was about to throw it away when I realized it was a perfect stencil and I could use it to create another project.


I used two shades of the same color, a darker and lighter one to create a bit of interest.


I used the darker ink on one side and the lighter on the other, resulting in an ombre effect.   Then I die cut the tag and stamped a sentiment directly onto the tag.   I also added white ribbon and cute little pom poms for a whimsical finish. This tag took me five minutes to create!!!   
You can even save the stencil with the dies and use for future projects.

I hope this technique inspires you to look at your waste and explore other options to recycle and/or reuse.   Not only you save on materials but also on time!

Have a wonderful rest of the week,  I will catch you next time.  




No comments: