Sunday, October 22, 2023

Haunted House and Batty Gnome by Jami Steiger

Hello Ai fans!

It's an exciting day. 

This is Reneé and I'm here to introduce our newest Watercolor Design Team Member,

JAMI STEIGER!

She's working on getting a blog set up.
For now you can follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
We know you're going to love her work!

Welcome to Watercolor Weekend



Jami has two fabulous Halloween cards for you today.

She's listed her products used below. Tell us a bit about how you made your cards Jami.



 For my haunted house I used the following products:

Stamp sets:

5602 Spooky House and Post Set

5010 WC Tree Set (I used the largest tree)
5373 WC Large Tree Set (I used the foliage for both trees)

Dies:

5462 Web Dies Set
5604 Halloween Journal Die Set

Paper:

Watercolor Canson XL
5605 Halloween Journal Paper

I hand drew in the spiderweb, spider, ghost and fence.


For my second card, I created a "batty" gnome.

Here's a list of what I used.

Stamp Sets: 

5785 Gnomes Set (I used the largest gnome, but I did not stamp his left arm and then hand drew it in. I also hand drew the bat wings, ears and the tip of the gnome’s hat.) 

5595 Harvest Pumpkin Set. (I stamped only the bottom 3 pumpkins of the stacked pumpkins in a set of 6.) 

5598 Harvest Set - used only the wheat.

4051 WC Foliage Set - used the small grass. 

5487 Front Porch Halloween Set (I stamped the tree multiple times to make the tree larger.  I used black archival ink to stamp the bats and spiders.  I then die cut them out.  I also stamped the spider web on the gnome’s beard.  For the final details I used Glossy Accents on the spiders and bats to make them stand out and used pop dots to give the card further dimension. 


Paper: 

Watercolor Canson XL

5849 Halloween S2 PP 

 

5 comments:

Karen Day said...

Welcome to the team, Jami! Great first post :-)

Tricia OBin said...

Great cards Jami! Welcome!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Spectacular start, Jami!! Your cards are so awesome! Welcome to the team!

Diane Mason said...

Welcome to the WC Design Team! Your two Halloween cards are Fab-boo-lous!!

Deb H. said...

Welcome to the design team Jami! Your cards are very cute. I especially like the batty gnomes card. The gnome is so cute.