Saturday, October 28, 2023

Warmest Wishes by Janet


 Hello Art Impression friends! It may almost be Halloween but I've moved on to Christmas card making. The cooler weather definitely has me thinking of Thanksgiving and the start of the Christmas holiday season. My faith is important to me and I absolutely love the church that comes in 5573 Church and Ornament Set. This is made to fit the mini-journal size but it's perfect for cards too. I'm planning to make several of these to give to friends at the Christmas Eve service which next to Easter Sunday is my most favorite day of the year! 

To start, I cut a large square using the 2nd largest die from the 5725 Nested Square Dies. I stamped and colored the church, adding a sky and snow background. I stamped in four trees using 5010 WC Tree Set 1. I mounted it on a dark blue cardstock cut with the largest nested square die. The base is a top fold dark blue A2 sized card. On top is a striped mat made with a page from the 5853 Christmas Magic PP. A folded flag tag is under the church piece also made from a coordinating pattern from the paper pack.

To finish this card, I added some gem and pearl snowflake embellishments and a sentiment from the 5566 Christmas Sentiments Set which I heat embossed with metallic green powder. The final card is peaceful and pretty. I can almost hear hymns playing in the background.

Thanks for stopping by today. I invite you to stop by the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a wonderful weekend!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Janet your card is gorgeous!! I love how you give us a little piece of yourself with each post! Beautiful as always!

Deb H. said...

Very nice. I like how you colored the church.