Sunday, May 26, 2024

French Door and Big Birthday Wishes





 


Hi Watercolor Friends!  I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.  I am loving this spring weather.  It makes me dream of going to Paris, France.  I love the vintage French doors.  Those doors are what inspired my first card.  I enjoyed figuring out my layout.  There was a lot of masking done using Post-it Tape and Post-it Notes.  I stamped the bicycle first and then the blue door.  I used Tombow 403 to paint the door.  It's my new favorite color!  Next I stamped the pot with Tombow 565 and 969 stamping off twice first.  I did all of the stamping for this card using this method.  Next I added the wall texture and the cobblestones.  After I had painted all of the foliage and flowers I added in a quiet, gray kitten using the WC Mini Critter Set 5016.  For the decorative element on the door windows I used a stamp from set 5123 WC Decorative Jar set.  I have to be honest, I thought this was pretty clever!  The decorative paper is from 5873 Mini Birthday PP.  I stamped the sentiment and die cut the words out using a die from the 5543 Journal Template Die set.  The last remaining step was to add white highlights using Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof White.


I used the following Tombow markers on both of these cards:  565, 977, 177, 969, 026, 992, 817, 636, 526, 403, 569, N55 and N75.



For my second card I stamped a Happy Birthday card.  This card was simple in comparison to the French door card.  I stamped this image on Arches hot press watercolor paper using Tombow 565 and 969 for a smoother picture.  I did not stamp off this image as I wanted all of the details to be more predominant.  Then I painted the image using Tombow markers.  Afterwards to add some confetti I masked off the entire image and splattered marker paint onto the card.  I used various dies to cutout the image and add details.




I hope you all enjoy my cards as much as I enjoyed creating them!  If you have any questions, please ask on the blog, Facebook or Instagram.  Thank you.


No comments: