Sunday, July 28, 2024

My Trust Set and Fall Harvest Card

 


Hello Watercolor Weekend Friends!  I hope everyone is enjoying the long, hot summer days.  It has been beautiful here in Ohio but rather hot for me and I am ready for fall to arrive as you will see in my second card.

For my first card I received the beautiful 5937 - Bible Journaling My Trust Set, and when I saw the stamp set I knew immediately that I wanted to try and make an oval card using a technique that Bonnie demonstrated about a year ago using fall pumpkins.  I started by first drawing an oval in pencil on my watercolor paper to use as my outline.  I stamped 5 roses and painted them using Tombow 761, 772 and 817 markers.  To cover the painted roses I stamped the images on masking paper and fussy cut them.  Next after covering the painted roses with the masks I used various stamps from the same set to add the foliage and blue flowers.  The final addition was the beautiful blue bird.  I painted the bird using Tombow 401, 526, 947, and 969 markers.  I also made a mask for the bird as well and then added the foliage, flowers and the tiny dots.  I love those dots!  When I die cut the oval out I kept the next size oval die attached and when I cut the painting out it gave me the tiny oval ring on the outside.  I used this same technique for the fall card.  Lastly, I embellished the card with some ribbon and blue gems.







After the hot summer we've had I am so ready for fall!  I am already working on Christmas too!  
For the fall harvest card I drew the outline of the oval on my watercolor paper in pencil and then stamped in the floral branch at the top and bottom of the oval from set 5191- Feast Mode Set.  I used 5492 - Front Porch Harvest Set for the sunflower basket, corn husks and apple basket. The sunflower basket was also stamped onto masking paper and fussy cut.  After stamping the sunflower basket on the card, I then used the mask on the sunflower basket and stamped in the corn husks behind the basket.  The apple basket was added next and then it was time to paint!  I used the following Tombow markers:  565, 969, 992, 025, 026, 856, 933, 177 and 491.  I used the same oval die with the attached die to die cut my painting except this time I did an extra green oval to go around the watercolor painting to give my painting added dimension.  The stamped sentiment is from 5797 - Little Things Sentiment Set using Pebble Beach Archival Ink.  I finished the card with ribbon from my collection.  The ribbon is actually beige bias tape that my mother and I dyed years ago using spray inks.
I hope you all enjoy the cards for  Watercolor Weekend and if you have any questions, please ask.  Have a nice Sunday and I will see you again next month.








1 comment:

Hunky Dory said...

Beautiful cards, Jami!! ❤️