Saturday, July 27, 2024

My Hope by Janet


I have always been a fan of all white cards but I rarely make one. Mainly it's because I enjoy working with color. White, though a color, is just a bit boring for my brain which wants to "color my world." Yet, a white card can be truly beautiful too. When I saw the new 5909-Crosses Die Set, I immediately saw the card I've made today as all white. 

Although it looks like the crosses on the card are embossed, they are actually just glued to the card. Because my cardstock is light weight, it really does look like embossing except it's much deeper and more detailed in appearance. Once I cut all the crosses from the dies twice, I arranged the crosses on a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of cardstock and then glued them with liquid glue. 

The perfect accompaniment for this card face was the sentiment and flowers from the 5936-My Hope Set. I cut out a circle from the 5726-Nested Circle Die Set and stamped the sentiment on it. Then I stamped and colored several of the flowers and leaves. I colored and fussy cut them and arranged the flowers around the sentiment and glued them in place. I cut another larger circle from the Double Stitched Dies and stacked the two circles together with foam tape. Finally I glued the circles to the front of the card. The final touch was the addition of clear sequins.

This card is very peaceful and would be appropriate for many different occasions. It's definitely a special and a pretty gift to someone who believes. I think I'll be making a few of these cards for my personal stash because I like it so much.

  Thanks for stopping by today. I hope my card gives you some ideas of your own. Please visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Be sure to take a look at all the new releases while you are there. Have a great weekend!

 Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest   
 

No comments: