Monday, July 1, 2024

Pockets! Guest Designer Challenge #7 with Lisa Javoric

 Hello Ai fans!

Welcome to the July Guest Designer Challenge.

POCKETS!

We want to see your crafty creations featuring pockets.
These can be pockets on a card or in a journal, gift card pockets,
pockets on a person or animals clothes...you name it!

Before we share what our amazing Guest Designer created, let's 
see who won our The Great Outdoors challenge.


Julie Worthing!


Congratulations Julie!

You will be the Art Impressions August Guest Designer.


Julie,  please contact me at Renee@artimpressions.com
so that we can discuss your challenge theme and to claim a free stamp set of your choice.


The lucky winner of my Freebie is...


Please contact me at Renee@artimpressions.com with your address to see what freebies I have and claim your free stamp.

Now for our July Guest Designer.

Lisa is a long time Art Impressions fan who needed to take a crafting break for a bit.

She came back FULL STEAM lately and has been entering her AMAZING art into every challenge.

We couldn't wait to feature her as a Guest Designer!

You can visit her social media and be sure to follow her for loads of wonderful inspiration!

Color Me Lisa...

lisajavoric

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, my name is Lisa, and I am very excited to have been selected as this month’s guest designer. I started with my Art Impression obsession at an expo show, many years ago, back when they had wood-mount stamps. I have always been drawn to the cute little ladies and of course all the girlfriends' stamps. I would watch with amazement the watercolor demonstrations, but never quite mastered them. Work and life caused me to put my obsession to the side for a bit until I moved back to Oregon. One big benefit, closer to AI central! I was able to attend the amazing in-person warehouse sales, I hope they do come back eventually. I was also able to attend a crop where the lovely Kendra taught a couple of watercolor classes, I’m still not mastering it, but working on it.

I do mostly cards and have started doing journals and mixed media-type items as well. With the theme of Pockets, I knew that I must do a journal and because I tend to do things a bit extra, I was afraid of where this project was going to take me.

When I work on journals, I first create a “sample” journal. By that I mean a layout of what I have tentatively envisioned, so I don’t waste paper and need to color additional images because I have cut them in the wrong area. In a box, I have cut out all of the collection of journal die cutouts on heavy-weight white cardstock. This allows me to create a quick sample using repositionable tape. I always have the die cuts ready and use them over and over when creating my samples. In this sample, I was going to use the elephant on the front but as I got into the project, I realized the hippo would look better.

I have been so drawn to the 5400 Baby Critters Set that I did my journal around it. The base of the journal is the 5543- Journal Template Die Set. I used 5809 Decorative Journal Page 2 Die for the second layer on each page. On the cover, I created a little pocket on the side using 5062 Rounded Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies and the tab from the 5718 Mini Journal Template die set. I originally had just the star from the Baby Critter Set hanging from it but thought it needed a little something more, so I added baker twine in pink/white with the star from 5718 Mini Journal set and a heart from the 5543 Journal Template Die Set hanging from it. The inside cover has a pocket to hold a little note card. I used 5543 Journal Template Die set to create the first layer. To make the pocket I cut the pocket die from set #5543, once from printed cardstock and once from pink cardstock. I cut the pink cardstock so it would just peek outside of the pocket as an accent. Two little presents from the 5455 Birthday Buggy Set in the mini envelope can be taken out.


The stamps in the window frame are from sets 5455 Birthday Buggy Set and 5793 Mini Journal Birthday Set. The center panel is the cute little elephant and when you pull him out it shows packages and balloons. The pocket was created using 5723 Journal Cover & Bookmark Dies and cupcake from 5793 Mini Journal Birthday Set. The pages on either side used 5768 Decorative Journal Page Set 1 for the layers and I used 5722 Birthday Journal Set to cut out the balloons and colored them with Copics. For the word Celebrate, I cut out one in pink and one in purple then offset them to make it look a little thicker.

The sweet little bird pocket has a banner 5722 Birthday Journal Set and a pocket 5589 Journal Pocket Die Set with a bow 5543 Journal Template Die Set. The sentiment is from the 5735 Birthday Sentiments Set. Nuvo Dream Drops in Fairy Wings as the accents on the side.

The little giraffe pocket holds a gift card and was made using 5723 Journal Cover & Bookmark Dies and 5583 Journal Oval Frames. The last page is the birthday cake from the 5722 Birthday Journal Set framed using the 5543 Journal Template Die Set.

Dies:

5543 – Journal Template Die Set

5062 – Rounded Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies

5723 – Journal Cover & Bookmark Dies

5588 – Journal Oval Frames Die Set

5718 – Mini Journal Die Template

5768 – Decorative Journal Page Set 1

5063 – Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies


Stamps:

5400 – Baby Critters Set

5866 - Mini Birthday Sentiment Set (The party is here!)

5455 – Birthday Buggy Set

5793 – Mini Journal Birthday Set

5735 – Birthday Sentiment Set ( “It’s Your Day!” and “Celebrate!”)

5722 – Birthday Journal Set


Misc:

5873 – Mini Birthday Journal Paper Pack

Nuvo Dream Drops – Fairy Wings

Nuvo Crystal Drops – Bubblegum Blush


Copic Colors:

BV00, BV01, BV02, BV04

V000, V01, V04, V12, V15, V17

W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W7

C01, C02, C03, C04, C05, C06, C07

RV52, RV55, RV17

R24, R27, R29, R59

Y00, Y02, Y04, Y11, Y13, Y15

B02, B04, B05

E21, E23, E27, E29, E93

YG21, Y23

G40, G43, G46

Thank you, and I hope you enjoyed my journal.  

Lisa

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you all in awe?

I know I am.

Lisa did an amazing job and we hope you will all give something a try and enter
our Pockets challenge.

You can interpret this any way you like. 

A gift card pocket, a journal with pockets, a card with a pocket on it or even a person
or animal wearing clothing with a pocket on it. It's up to you.

I also have a little bonus prize!

For as long as I have duplicate stamps I will choose a random winner.
These will be for U.S. residents only since these will be mailed by me personally
and not Art Impressions.

This month I have 24 different freebies to choose from.
I've been offering them one at a time with a photo here but almost everyone
has had the one I've offered when they've won and selected a different one.

If you are selected as the freebie winner I will send you a photo of what I have
and you can choose from that.


You will be automatically entered to win when you upload your project to the challenge.

Here is the fine print...

✻ Please make a new card or handmade crafty creation.
✻You can make any item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. 
✻You MUST use Art Impressions stamps or dies! You may use other companies products but the main focus should be on Ai items.
✻If you win, you will receive one free stamp set of your choice. In return you will create a brief write up explaining how you made your item and email it to me. (Reneé) and you will mail your project to Art Impressions at your expense. (cheapest method possible is fine) International winners may submit photos through email. We will share your creation on Art Impressions social media.
 ✻Please include your first name and last initial on your submission.
✻We love to comment on your entries, but keep in mind if you use a private group or a platform that you need to sign up for, we probably won't be able to.
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love if you can, by clicking and commenting on your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy crafting!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

Hunky Dory said...

Congrats to the winners, Julie and Terry. Your cards are beautiful!! Can’t wait to see your card in August, Julie!
Wow, Lisa, your journal is AMAZING and so gorgeous!! I’ve always loved the journals but felt intimidated by them so now I’m inspired. Awesome job!!