Sunday, October 13, 2024

Harvest Scenes and Harvest Together by Gennette Houghton

 

Hello! Welcome to Watercolor Weekend! I am so happy you are here! I absolutely love fall, even the sun takes on a more golden hue that just lights up the beautiful colors that we are graced with during this time of year here in Michigan.  This is the first time I have used either of these sets and they are so perfect for fall cards!  For my first card I used 5593 Harvest Scenes and inked it with 565 and 969 and stamped off once before stamping my final image and then pulled the color out. 

For the chair I used a combo of 969 and a touch of 947 to brighten a few areas.  The pumpkins I used 993 as a base color, 933 to deepen the shape and contours, 946 in the more shaded areas and a touch of 947 to deepen some of the more shaded areas.  On the stems I used 177 and 969.  The watering can and the milk can I used N52, also using 947 on the handle of the milk can. For the wood basket I used 969 and 947. I was going for the likeness of a Purple Finch with the birds, next time I think I will try a color that has more of a pink hue to it. I started with 969 as the base color and used 676 over the top of the 969, finishing with some Bleed Proof White to add back in some of the lighter colors. For the flowers in the wood basket I used the daisy bunch from 4052 Flower set 1 in 925 and then softened it with water, with just part of the stamp in 885, which is a wonderful orange toned red, to add a bit more texture in. 5126 Foliage Set 4 small vine and inking just the tip of the stamp in 177 to add in a touch of foliage. The tiniest of dots in Bleed Proof White was also added.  I then used 526 for the sky, I wanted this in first so I didn’t have to try to work around the flowers I added into the milk can. Masking the milk can with post-it tape I used the 5474 Flower Set 5, I colored the stamp in 3 colors, going over the whole flower with 623 first then used 676 and drew a line up the center of the flower and added 177 to the stem. 

Now because of how everything is so close together I decided to use my stamp positioner for this. I wanted the flowers in the background to be light so I stamped off once first, I did this twice, then I again colored the stamp with the same colors and centered the stamp and stamped with full color and then lightly touched just the flower with a damp brush.  4051 Foliage Set 1, with the teeny tiny grass in 177, I like to touch a 969 marker to just the base of the stamp in 2 spots, just a little bit, barely there. To me it adds just a little more depth to the base of the grass area. Pulling the color out and adding just a touch more 177 over the ground. 565 was used for all the shadows in the scene.  I also added a little bit of Bleed Proof White in the grass to add little white flowers.  I cut the image out with 5768 Decorative Journal Page 1 and matted the card with paper from 5606 Harvest Journal PP.

For my 2nd card I used 5507 Harvest Together Set.  This set is just so adorable I just don’t understand why I haven’t used it until now.  I decided to use the birdhouse from this set, those sunflowers! I’m telling you! I just used 969 to color this stamp, I stamped my image after stamping off once first, and then pulled a little bit of the color out.  On the roof and pole I used 947. On the front trim and the base of the birdhouse I used 925. 969 was used on the detailed wood piece and the opening, 158 on the remainder of the front. For the sunflowers I used 025 over all the petals and then used 933 to give more contour to the petals starting at the center and only going up part way and darkening any shaded areas.  The centers of the flowers I started with 947 all over the center and then added a touch of 025 over that to create contrast. 969 was added along the edge of the center with a couple dots in the center. I added just a little bit of Bleed Proof White for some highlights.  The leaves and stems I started with 126 and used 177 for the shaded areas, darkening even more below each flower.  I then took some Bleed Proof White and created a few flowers on the front of the birdhouse and using the same color 158 for the centers.  The only thing left was using the brown twintone marker for a little bit more definition. I used the 5783 Fall Leaf Frame Set, first cutting it out of a solid card stock and then used it on my image. I combined the two together into one solid piece. The card was matted with paper from 5835 Mini PP. Thank you for joining me today, and I hope you enjoyed my cards! Until next time. Create….Share….Inspire!




No comments: