Blessings dear friends, and welcome to my second edition of Focus on Faith for the month of July.
I have to tell you that I am totally in love with the new "Mercy Set"! These birds and florals are just so beautiful!
I started with a piece of Canson XL Bristol Smooth cardstock cut to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I stamped my image using Versafine black ink, and then watercolored my birds and florals using dye ink markers.
After my watercolor was all dry I went back in with colored pencils to add shading and fine detail to each of my little birds.
**Make sure that your colored pencils have a very sharp point and they will add in beautiful sharp details to each of your images to give them ton of depth.
I added a blue wash in the background for my sky.
After my images were all dry , I decided to tear my focal piece down into a single strip that I would put in the center. I sat that aside to work on my background. I cut a piece of pattern paper to be 4 x 5 1/2" and adhered that to my card base. I then created another panel that is 3 3/4 x 5 1/2", and I embossed that with a floral embossing folder. I then added some blue ink to the raised embossing with a blending brush and then rubbed a Silver pigment ink lightly over the top of that. I distressed the edges of the cardstock with the edge of a scissors. I then cut several sprigs of detailed leaves, and ink blended blue ink at the base of each leaf, and added them to the back of my focal strip with the birds. Before adding the focal piece to my card base, I added a strip of crocheted lace in the background, then adhered my focal piece down with foam tape. I tied a gingham bow and added that to the left side of my card with a large glue dot. To add a couple finishing touches, I added some pink pearls to the centers of my flowers, and some silver pearls on my berries and in the background.
For my inside I used a piece of Canson XL Bristol Smooth cardstock cut to 4 x 5 1/4" and stamped the sentiment "His eye is on the sparrow" and "Hallelujiah", both from the Frameworks Sentiments set, in Black Versafine Ink using my stamping tool to make sure I got the placement just right.
The phrase "His eye is on the sparrow" means that God is intimately aware of and deeply cares for every single detail of your life. It is a message of comfort, meant to reassure you that you are immensely valuable to God and that He is always watching over you.
I also stamped one of the single birds from the Mercy Set, and the sentiment "His mercies are new every morning ", in Black Versafine Ink. I again layed down a base of watercolor and added in fine details with colored pencils.
That finishes up my card for today. I love how it turned out, and I hope that you like it too. Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope that you got inspired, and if you haven't already, I hope that you can get this set! It is definitely a favorite of mine, as I really love birds.
God bless you, and keep watch over you!
Sara Furr- The Crafty Farm Chick
Other products used:
Die cutting machine
Paper cutter
Embossing folder
MISTI stamping tool
Versafine ink in Black
Silver pigment ink pad
Dye ink markers
Colored pencils
Scissors
Watercolor brush
Glue dots
Foam tape
Gingham ribbon
Pattern paper
Blue Cardstock
Canson XL Bristol Smooth cardstock
Pink and Silver pearls
Crochet Lace
No comments:
Post a Comment