Saturday, September 19, 2026

Faith-On The Border Challenge by Janet


We're on the second week of our current challenge, "On the Border." Anything you can consider a border counts for this challenge. I made this with the beautiful 6219 - Hydrangea Margin Set. The set includes two mirrored hydrangea border stamps. I wanted to see if I could use the set to create a diagonal border on my card set at an angle. The stamps are not quite long enough to reach across an A2 card like I've done here but I discovered that I could stamp one full image and then simply stamp the first part of the image again nestled under the end of the first impression. You truly cannot tell where I did this because the images nest together so nicely.

After stamping the two images together, I set about coloring them in pink hues with Copic markers. Then I colored the leaves and stems. I changed the buds which are stamped as if they are closed. I used a yellow acrylic marker and then dotted white gel ink on top. It adds a little fanciful interest to the image I think. After completing the coloring, I fussy cut the edges of the image out and set it aside to make the card base.

To form the angled diagonal card, I started with a traditional A2 side fold card. I cut a piece off the front from top left corner to bottom right corner to create the diagonal flap. I ran the bottom section of the front card flap through an embossing folder for added texture. Then I cut a stitched strip that stretches across the front with a die in my stash. I glued that just above the embossing. There was just enough room left on the flap to glue the hydrangea strip in place. I trimmed the excess stitched strip and hydrangea border to fit the card's top and bottom edges. I cut the word Faith out from a die included in the 6155-Ornate Margin Dies and glued it on the stitched strip border. Finally I added a stitched mat to the inside of the card. The top portion of it is displayed when the card is closed. The finishing touches are the addition of several small flat backed pink pearls on the strip. 

I hope you agree that this technique created a soft and pretty floral card that is unique and special. It looks much more complicated to make than it actually was so it's sure to impress anyone who receives it!

Thanks for stopping by and spending time with me and Art Impressions today. Please visit the Ai store to pick up your favorite stamps, dies, papers, accessories, and supplies, including all the supplies I used in this card. 

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Beautiful border design, Janet.

Gennette H. said...

This is beautiful Janet! What a cool way to use that stamp!