Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Focus on Faith: Fall Fox by Sara Furr

Blessings, my friends, and welcome to the second edition of my "Focus on Faith" for the month of September. 


Fall will be fast approaching my neck of the woods, and I honestly couldn't be happier! I LOVE Fall, and all it has to offer; the beautiful, rich colors, the smells, the harvest of fruits and vegetables, sweater weather, comfort foods, and hot beverages. I'm really looking forward to the cooler weather and slowing down just a bit from the chaos of my busy life!


So, I thought I would create a Fall scene with one of my FAVORITE Art Impressions Stamp sets.... The Foxes, and one of my favorite Bible verses, Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I AM GOD", a verse that I find myself repeating when I try too hard to control all the chaos and drama in my life.
This is a call to stop worrying, quiet your mind, and remember God's power and presence. Focus on peace: Breathe slowly and remind yourself that you do not have to carry all your burdens alone. I thought this scene portrayed that "peace".


I stamped my fox onto Watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx black ink and watercolored the scene with Tombow markers 847, 925, 879, 969, N49. 


I masked off the left side of my fox before I added the foliage using the branch and leaves from the Foxes set, and I also used the leafy foliage from the Foliage set. 


When my scene was dry, I went back in with couple colored pencils, to add more depth and shading. I  then stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx black ink, and then die cut out the scene with the largest Scalloped Square die. I matted my focal piece to a square of green polka dot dsp from the Classic Christmas paper pack.


I chose this color because it creates a sharp contrast to the reds and oranges I used for my scene, and it really makes that fox come to life. Isn't he handsome? I just love this stamp so much!

I pray that you feel God's loving arms wrapped around you, keeping you safe, and freeing you from the worries of life. God has this! You can depend on it!

God bless you and keep you!
Sara Furr- The Crafty Farm Chick 

Supplies used:
#KH5951 Foxes set
#5417- Frameworks Sentiments set
#4051- Foliage set 
#5969- Classic Christmas PP
#6047- Scalloped Square dies
Canson XL Watercolor paper
Watercolor brush
Versafine Onyx black ink pad
Tombow markers: 847, 925, 879, 969, N49

1 comment:

Gennette H. said...

This is so pretty Sara!