Thursday, September 17, 2026

Shine Your Light


Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well! For today's project, I am sharing a card I made using the light house stamp from the Light of the World set (Set 6126) from Art Impressions. This one was a really fun one to color. 


I used Copic markers for the coloring on my project. I started by coloring the lighthouse. I used the straight edge of a credit card to carefully draw the lines with light pencil to get the stripes onto my lighthouse. I have always loved red in lighthouses so I knew that would be a color I would go with. I blended 3 different reds and grey to create the colors on the stripes, leaving the middle more light in color to create a bit of a rounded effect. 

Next, I colored the cliff, rocks and tree using may brown and grey colors, as well as a few different greens on the tree.

I then added my water in.... using back and forth strokes. At first, it looks a bit sloppy but as you keep adding your layers of colors, it blends quite nicely. 

I then added the sky using a blender brush and some light blue ink onto the background. I wanted to make the cliff look more grounded instead of having it float there, so I also added a cliff from the WC Cliffs Set (#5465) and colored that in using the same color combos as before. I then stamped the sentiment. I hope you have a nice week! I will be working on fall projects! 


Materials Used

Stamps
  • 6126 Light of the World
  • 5465 WC Cliffs Set
Markers
     R29, R24, R27, C2, C3, C4, C0, C10, C8, C6, E79, Y35, G29, W1, G24, G28, G94, W0, BG75, BG72, BG70, BG78, E59, E15, E57, E25, G99, E35, W7, W5, W3


 

No comments: