Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Be Scary Set by Karen Day

Hello Ai fans!
Hard to believe that it's October, isn't it??  It's the month that is about all things scary... so today I'm sharing a couple of projects using Be Scary Set (Sku #4521):
This is a 5 1/2" square card, and I kept it fairly simple, just slipping a few bits and pieces behind my image, and I popped up the sentiment.  Now for the fun stuff... when I was planning to use this cute little spider image a few weeks ago, I thought that she would make a hilarious pair of Halloween earrings.  So I bought some Shrink Plastic and got down to business:
For the earrings, I used the More hands, more candy wood mounted stamp that is available at Hobby Lobby stores - same image, but it is just a little smaller in scale.  I stamped her with Stazon ink, coloured the backside with my Copics and used my heat tool to shrink them.  Here's a picture taken after I'd shrunk the first one, so that you can see how small she got.  The colours don't look like much on the larger one, but they intensify when they shrink:

Copics used - Skin: E11, E00, E000, R24
Greys: W7, W5, W3, W1, W00
Oranges: YR18, YR15, YR12, Y23



8 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

Halloween cards are the BEST! And, yours of course is no exception. I really, really need those earrings for school! The kids would love those.

Karen Day said...

Renee - you should definitely make a pair! Next on my list for earrings is Eunice :o)

Renee M said...

Your card is really cute and the earrings are such a fun idea! Thanks so much for sharing all the how-to info—I didn't know I could use Copics on shrink plastic. Looks like I'll be making yet another trip to the HobLob :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, she makes fantastic earrings, Karen!! I have always wanted to try the shrinky dinks with stamps! SUPER cute!!!

Elina said...

Oh my! Karen, those earrings are awesome. The card is fabulous too, of course, but the idea of making the earrings.. Makes me want to get some Copics too, I doubt Distress works for either plastic nor shrinking :D

Cheri Burry said...

Karen the earrings turned out perfect! Love, love, love them! Your card is super cute too! Can't wait for Lora to get more Shrink Plastic in!

diane zechman said...

I LOVE working with shrink plastic and your "spider" earrings are SO fun!

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness, how cool is this? And the earrings!!! WICKED awesome!!! <3