Monday, October 23, 2017

Skeleton Wiggle Wobble (he glows!) by Diane Zechman

Hello Ai friends and happy Monday!
 
Today I am CASE-ing Renee with a card using the Ai 4952- Skeleton Wiggle Wobble set. (She shared her card last week) The sentiment on the front of my card is from the Michael's exclusive SC0680- Spare Me clear set.
 
Renee had the brilliant idea to create a spider web window on her card and I loved it so much that I wanted to re-create it on a card for my friend who has an October birthday and LOVES Halloween.  After seeing Renee's card, I couldn't even think of making mine any other way! lol.  It's perfect!
 

I changed mine up a bit by making a different shaped window and adding a punched creepy fence to the front. I used the same cute mice punch but brought that to the front as well.
 
On the inside, the wobbly skeleton was assembled with mini brads and he is made EXTRA wobbly by adhering him to the card with a Mini Action Wobble.  I opted to skip his hat & bow tie this time.


Since I used a black card base and a dark patterned paper inside, it is difficult to sign the card.  My solution was to use the leftover pieces I die cut from the front window to adhere on the back for my message and signature.


Now, I didn't give him a hat & bow tie for a reason....he GLOWS IN THE DARK!!!  So I didn't want to cover up part of his head.  After I assembled all his parts with the mini brads, I used an old bottle of Glow-in-the-Dark fabric paint I had in my stash (for many moons!)  Mine was a pale yellow color which I didn't see while searching but I did find the same brand with a Natural color which I've linked below.  I'm guessing the natural color would be better anyway!  Oh, and I didn't forget the eyes in the little bat & spider die cuts....they glow too!


 Here's a quick little video to see the action!
 



I want to thank Renee for letting me CASE her card! I enjoyed making this for my friend. Have a great Monday and… happy stamping!
 

8 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

Wow so super cute! Love the glow in the dark idea!!

Renee Matarese said...

That's the coolest thing ever that he glows! Love the purple colors. Your friend is going to go nuts over this.

Karen Day said...

Such a fun idea, Diane - I love the paint idea!

Jil Lebel said...

This is a really cool card! I just love all of the extra touches you added. The fact that he glows in the dark is really fun.

Dot J Freel said...

So cute! Love that it glows in the dark!

katieo said...

Great idea. The spiderweb window is a perfect place for a skeleton to hide

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is such an awesome Halloween card !

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing, Diane!!! I LOVE that you made him glow in the dark!! Your creepy details are so cool! Love everything about it!!