Saturday, October 7, 2017

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Beautiful Creations

The Watercolor Guest Design Team is so excited to share their creations this weekend! From a clean and simple bouquet to a large park scene, and a quaint fall scene in between, this week's post is sure to provide you with inspiration for your projects at home! Take a look!

Dot Freel Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
I made this card for the Watercolor Weekend round up with Ai's new stamps - 4958 WC Cottages Set and 4959 - WC Dogs Set. I just love that cute little puppy. There are six different puppies in the set and I am excited to use them all! I added that pumpkin from the WC Series 3 Set 1 - 4056 for a touch of Fall.

Other Supplies: Tombow Marker N15


Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
My Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend project is quick, easy and only requires two stamps to achieve the “glass vase” look.

Start by stamping the middle vase in the center of your watercolor paper using the Small Container Set in 86 African Violet. Using your stamp positioner, stamp the vase two more times, one to the left and one to the right of middle. Pull the color from the lines making sure to leave a white highlight in the center/center-right portion of the vase. This is essential for a “glass” appearance. Ink up the tall flower cluster in Flower Set 2 with 15 Olive Green for the stems and 13 Ochre for the flowers, stamping twice. You want some of the stems to go into the vase. Next mask off the flowers and stems by placing a post it note at the top of the vase. Stamp only the stem portion from the tall flower cluster in Flower Set 2 into the vase below those already stamped. Don’t ink up the stamp to do this step, use the ink left on the stamp from the previous step. Repeat for the vase on the left using 28 English Red and right 88 Terra Cotta. The flowers are tiny and just require a little water to activate the color and even less, if any, for the leaves. Imagine your light source is coming from the top right corner onto all three vases, the highlight is in the center/center-right. Pull the color from the stems in the vase in the same direction, to the left, leaving the highlight. It gives the idea that light is coming into the “glass vase” and the stems are distorted under the water. Place a little 86 African Violet onto your palette and add dot detail into the bottom of each base to simulate pebbles or marbles. Then, using the fine tip of 86 African Violet, add more dot detail in the same area. Also, add dot detail to the flowers using the fine tip of 13 Ochre, 88 Terra Cotta and 28 English Red. And finally, ground the scene by adding a line of 45 Sepia under the vases.


Other Supplies: Post It Notes


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube

Welcome to this week’s watercolor weekend.  In the wake of all the tragedies happening around our country I wanted to create a scene that felt peaceful.  I hope it helps to give you some peace as well.  I wish that everyone could spread a little kindness, it goes such a long way.  Therefore, I thought I would use the Beauty is all around you sentiment.  It is so true and it’s a little reminder to be thankful for every day and enjoy your “Happy Place”.

Onto the details of my project.
First, I started by stamping the tree trunks from the New Fir Trees Set with Sepia.  I then added the Foliage from the branches in the Fir Trees Set with Pine Green.  I softened them Fir’s by adding water with my brush.

I added the tiny grass from the Foliage Set to the bottoms of the trees and used my palette to add some additional green to the ground.  I used the Teeny Tiny Flowers from the Flower Set with African Violet to add a touch of color.

Using my palette, I added some mountains in the background using Olive Green, Pine Green and Sepia.  I then added Salvia, Manganese and Blue to create the look of water.  I also used the same colors to create clouds in the sky.  Once it was dry I stamped the bench from the New Benches Set using Mocha.

I added the “Beauty is all around you” from the WC Sentiments set using Black Versamark Ink.  The panel is 3.75x5 which is adhered to a 4x5.25 panel of Dark Chocolate cardstock from Gina K Designs.  I placed the entire panel on an Asparagus card base from Gina K Designs.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a crafty day!



Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 86 African Violet, 45 Sepia, 15 Olive Green, 72 Pine Green, 3 Blue, 36 Manganese Blue, 60 Salvia Blue

Thank you ladies, for your beautiful projects! Perhaps this weekend we can get a chance to create something beautiful to share with a friend this weekend! Share your creations with us by hash-tagging #aistamps and #aiwatercolor on social media!

You can find even more inspiration on our designer's personal blogs and Instagram accounts! 

Dot Freel Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube

Happy Stamping!

8 comments:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

All these creations are true pieces of art.

SusanK said...

Super duper inspirational ideas...thank you ladies!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous cards, ladies!! Love them all!!!

Dot J Freel said...

What a lovely comment! Thank you!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

I mean it ! The problem is I'm French and suffering from a serious lack of English vocabulary.....

katieo said...

Beautiful projects. I love the new dog set. Its at the top of mylist

Cheri Burry said...

You ladies always amaze me with your creations!! Stunning work!

diane zechman said...

Beautiful cards, ladies!