Thursday, July 19, 2018

Challenges 237 Summer Vibes!

Happy Summer, Ai Fans!

Welcome to a NEW challenge! Carol's here with a sweet creation to inspire your challenge entries! Take it away, Carol!

Hello Ai Fans!

Are you enjoying your summer?  Where I'm at it's too hot to do much outside!  I'd love to be at a beach and the Loungers Set - 4473 was perfect for this new challenge:  Summer Vibes!




Here's something I like to do--when I remember!  Haha!  After I first stamp the image using my MISTI, I leave the stamp in place.  When I am finished coloring, I put my card back in the MISTI.  Because I'm SO afraid, after all my work, it may not be lined up perfectly, I then stamp onto a piece of acetate.  I can then make any tiny adjustments to the alignment so that it stamps over it perfectly.  I just keep re-stamping until it lines up exactly right.  I do this because sometimes with highly detailed stamps, I feel like the Memento ink isn't as crisp as the Onyx Black.  I think re-stamping the image with Onyx Black ink really makes the image pop!   I hope that makes sense!


For embellishments, I added a sun die cut and some tiny lemon slices, along with some Glossy Accents and sparkle with a Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen.

I just love this sentiment!  I wish that it didn't take getting older to feel this way, but for me, it did!  How about you? 


Thank you for stopping by today, and we sure hope you'll join in our Summer Vibes challenge!  



Thanks, Carol! We sure love your vibrant beach card! Too cute!
Our challenges run for TWO weeks, so you have 14 days to get crafting! We LOVE seeing your creations with your unique style, so "choose to be fabulous" and join our challenge! This challenge is all about summer, and feel free to interpret it as you wish, whether that's bright colors, summery stamps or papers, happy weather, and more!

Here are the Challenge Rules
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by Wednesday, August 1 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!
Before we go, let's celebrate the winner's of last week's Masculine Challenge!

Top spot goes to...

Congrats, Katrin! We love your wonderful watercolor scene featuring our WC Truck Mini Set with lovely rustic colors and bright greens. Email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address to claim your prize pack!

Honorable Mentions go to...


Congrats, you two! Gail, we think your camper card is just too clever! Our fishermen look great Catching Z's before their next venture to the lake! And Lynn, the coloring on the Buzzard is just stellar! Email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address and select a stamp set of your choice to enjoy as a prize!

See you for more challenge inspiration next week! Happy Stamping!

8 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

Congrats to the winners! Carol, love your summer card and what a smart idea to rest amp after colouring!

Cynthia said...

Congrats to this weeks winners! LOVE your beach scene, Carol. Great tip on restamping with Versafine.

jimlynn said...

Thanks so much for selecting my card as an Honorable Mention. Such a wonderful and exciting surprise.

Jil Lebel said...

Gorgeous card Carol! I love how you use your grid in the Misti. I've always been afraid to restamp my image, but I think I'll try it now with my grid. Thanks for that tip! Congrats to all the winners!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love these! Thanks for sharing…

Katie said...

Fabulous card and very brave to restamp! LOL I don't see a link to enter my card though, maybe I'm just missing it.

Dot J Freel said...

Love those winning cards! Carol's card is so fun and cute!

Dorothy S said...

Congrats to these winners!
I have already received my prize from a couple of weeks ago - thanks for the prize and speedy fulfillment! I can't wait to get it inked - but I had a shot in my eye yesterday and I will have to wait a day or two!