Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Whoo's Birthday ????

Hello Ai Fans !!!
Today I decided to make a birthday card and tag for the present using the Whoots set called Birthday Whoot sku # 4125. I have wanted this set from the first time I laid eyes on it and today I was able to get it out and play , I had so much fun that I could not stop at just a card , I went ahead and made a matching tag for the present too.



to make the card a chose an 5.5 " by 5.5" card base  in a pale sky blue , I then added stitching in brown sharpie to outer most edge , I then chose to use some designer paper that had presents on it Momenta Let's Party paper stack
I cut it at 5 1/4" by 5 1/4"  , I glued this to the top of card
next I stamped the Whoot on SU Natural Ivory paper and colored with copic markers , I then created clouds around him using a new product I found at my local scrapbook store PanPastel , its an amazing chalk , the color used is Phthalo Blue Tint 560.8 then to apply it I used a brushstix , it has a firm foam tip .
next I cut him out with a new Sizzix set I just  bought called Fancy Labels
I cut him out and then added him to the inside of the card , I wanted to make a window on the front so  I place some painters tape on the die and flipped it cut side up over the image and then when i close my card it will stick to the front where the window needs to cut , now run it thru the Big Shot , tah-dah , you now have a window placed perfectly .
I added some goggle eyes to the Whoot and with a white gel pen added stitching around the window on the front , I also added bakers twine bows to the presents and used my startdust shimmer pen to add sparkle to the stripes on the presents( pics don't pick this up so well ) then I stamped Happy Birthday  sku # E3578


I added stitching in SU Island Indigo around the whoot , I added balloons and bakers twine strings , the Sentiment I used inside was the Birthday Whoots set SKU # 4125
GIFT TAG
Next I made a matching tag to go on the present  , the tag base is a manila shipping label tag
also from same Birthday Whoots set SKU # 4125 , I added a green glitter tulle bow
Supplies : Birthday Whoots set SKU# 4125 , Happy Birthday sku # E3578 , copic markers , PanPastel chalk in Blue ,Sizzix Fancy Labels die , bakers twine ,white gel pen ,SU Island Indigo marker ,brown fine sharpie,Stardust glitter pen, goggle eyes

Thanks for stopping by  , come back tomorrow for the Ai Thursday Challenge # 81 ,

enter your creation to win a gift card to shop for Ai stamps.


6 comments:

Joan V said...

Wow, great card and tag. Thanks for all the details. Love your clouds, too. Thanks for sharing.

Maria said...

Love the design of your card Crystal and the cut out opening for WHOOTS! The tag is beautiful!

Jessica Griffin said...

Such an adorable card Crystal!

Kerry said...

Crystal, this is super super cute and I adore the goggly eyes, hehe!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

What cute ideas Crystal!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Sharon said...

Great card design. Love Owls...
Sharon http://wheatfreelivingandme.blogspot.com