Sunday, March 2, 2014

Waste not, wine not by Reneé Matarese

Hello Ai fans!! 

I know you've been seeing a lot of these Pop-Ups sets lately and if you're like me then you LOVE them too!  Don't worry, they'll be available soon!

I love all of the Ai Girlfriends but I especially love the wine drinking crew.
I love this verse...Wine flies when you're having fun!


Here's what the inside of my card looks like.


Now for the waste not portion of my post.  You get enough in your Deco card kits to make several cards but if you're an environmental person like me you try to make the most of everything you have.  I hate to throw away anything that can be re-used or re-purposed.  Did you notice how cute the packaging (spec sheet) that comes with your Pop-Ups set is?  Cause...I did.  Why on earth would you throw away or even recycle this??  It's like getting a free bonus with your purchase.  I decided to cut it up and use it to make yet another card from the set.  Here's the step by step instructions and I'll show you how I even save on paper when I'm mounting layers.


Whenever possible I cut out the center portion of the paper and save it for future projects.


Look...you only need a small portion of the blue color to matte the printed paper...why waste and entire sheet?

Then, I have the blue portion I cut out to use on my card front.  Also...did you notice...the image is from the packaging.  It's like a little bonus when you order your Pop-Up set.  It's just as cute as the die cut images in the set.


I cut up more of the packaging (and used more of the salvaged blue paper) on the inside of my card.



I hope you've been inspired by my not wanting to waste anything that can be used.  It's better for our Earth and...for your wallet!


6 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

I love the Pop-Ups and you have used my favorite one!

Becky said...

Awesome card, and what a great way to save on paper too. Great idea!

Karen Day said...

Two great cards, Renee! Thanks for the ideas to use the packaging :o)

Dorothy S said...

Great cards and great tips. Thank you.

Cheryl Valadez said...

Hee hee! These ladies are after my own heart! Great card, Renee!

She's a Color Queen said...

Great creations!!