Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Still Sizzlin by Dana Warren

Hello AI fan!!

Dana here and one thing i like about summer is being able to use the grill! It sure beats heating up the house with the oven and i get some tasty food to eat!! Today's card is a nice summer themed card to send to your significant other just because! 


I started by stamping the BBQ Couple on watercolor paper and then colored them with Distress Markers, water and a paint brush. Fussy cut them out, then went through my pattern paper stash to find some paper to pair them with.


I settled on a three different patterns, when i mix pattern papers i keep in mind the rule of three, stay with three patterns. This is not to say you couldn;t use 4 patterns! I also like to vary the size of the patterns.


I cut a rectangle from some wood grain paper and roughed up the edges a little. Then i added the cooking couple to the rectangle with foam tape. I used some green pattern paper as a background and added it to a white card base. Then i cut a small piece of an orange pattern and added it behind the wood grain. I also added a strip of white at the bottom of the wood grain and stamped the Still Sizzlin sentiment. Last i added the wood grain panel to my card base. 


Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Stamping!!



7 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

Such an adorable card Dana!

Anonymous said...

Love this couple and love your cards always!

Sharon Caudle said...

This couple cracks me up!! Cute card, Dana!!

Charne said...

Cute...makes me smile...they sure are ready for action! :D

Karen Day said...

Dana, you're so great with watercolours! Great card :o)

Kerry said...

Dana, gorgeous card and your watercoloring is amazing! :)

diane zechman said...

Love the cute little burger in her hand and your fun papers!