Wednesday, August 9, 2017

It's No Easy Making Waves by Dana Warren

Hello AI fans!!

We are in the tail end of summer so I have to share my summer themed cards before fall gets here!! Today's card features the Sally Swimmer Set and since I had the set out I made two so I could practice my skin coloring!

After stamping the images on white card stock I stamped them again on different pattern papers (x2). I paper pieced the floaty, bathingsuit and cap, before adhering the different pieces I used my Spectrum Noir Markers and Copic markers to color these fun ladies!! 


I used the following Spectrum Noir markers DR2, IG2, IG4, IG6, IG8, FS3, FS9, TN3. I keep trying with my SN markers but can never get it to look right. So when I remember (which isn't as often as I like!) I use a few Copic skin tone markers, for this lady I used E25, E57, E59.


After coloring and adding the piecing I fussy cut out both ladies. I kept a bit of white around each image. Next, I cut the wave pattern paper with a stitched rectangle and added them each to a white card base. 


Then I cut two white stripes and stamped the sentiment in black ink. I added it to the card with foam tape, along with the images. Last I added a few matching dots.



I hope this inspires you to get out those summer stamps that you haven't used yet and get them inked up!! Summer is almost over!!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stamping!




4 comments:

  1. I love these cards!!! I want that stamp set. The link isn't working and I wanted to add it to my wish list. That background paper is so perfect with the image Dana colored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those waves!! These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete