Thursday, September 28, 2017

NEW Wiggle Wobbles! PLUS, Challenge 218 Jiggle a Little!


NEW Wiggle Wobbles

Put on your dancing shoes! Our NEW Wiggle Wobble are here and ready for action! Each Wiggle Wobble set features limbs that you stamp, die cut, and assemble with brads, so they swing around! Place your character on a Mini Action Wobble for even more wiggling! We did an early release of our classy Skeleton, perfect for Halloween crafting! Now our fancy Dancer, funky Flamingo, and "toadally fabulous" Toad are joining the party! Also, our charming Cowboy is ready to celebrate! Each Wiggle Wobble set includes clear stamps and matching dies, as well as 10 small brads and a Mini Action Wobble for you to try! We also have refill Brad 50 Packs available in silver and white, and of course our famous Mini Action Wobbles! Curious how these sets look in action? Watch our video from the Mixed Media Event to see our card samples jiggle! These sets are so much fun, grab yours today at artimpressions.com!
  Skeleton Dancer  
Toad Flamingo Cowboy
Brad Pack Mini Action Wobbles


Jil is here to share her first project with the Flamingo Wiggle Wobble with a bit of tropical fun! This is a great quick photo tutorial for creating your first Wiggle Wobble card!

Hello Ai fans!



I placed the flamingo stamps into my Mini Misti and stamped them onto Strathmore Bristol 140 lb. paper with Jet Black Archival Ink.  I needed to stamp second impressions of both leg parts and the wing.



I used the matching die cuts with my die cut machine to cut out all of the parts.  Tip: Be careful to align the holes for the brads.



I colored the flamingo using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and a water brush.
Flamingo - Light Pink, Carmine Pink
Beak - Light Gray, Gray
Glasses - Light Cobalt



 I added a Black Glaze pen to her eyes. Then I assembled the flamingo with brads. This is what she looks like finished.
  


I added a very simple watercolor scene to the background onto a piece of Strathmore 140 lb. Watercolor Paper. I added in a horizon line using Tropical 101 & blended out some color onto my Ai Watercolor Palette to add more Tropical marker below the horizon line with my #4 WC Brush.  I then added Tombow marker 912 to my  Ai Watercolor Palette and blended it below the water. Next, I went above the horizon line and stamped the clouds from the Watercolor EZ Project B.  I scribbled Magenta 20Steel Blue 17 and Tombow marker 565 to my  Ai Watercolor Palette. One at a time, I applied each color to the sky using my #4 WC Brush



I used some DCWV papers I had in my scrap drawer to complete the card. As I was putting the finished flamingo onto the card, I added her onto the included action wobble and watched her dance around.

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!
Thanks, Jil! Looks like your Flamingo is having lots of fun! And such a sweet tropical backdrop for her! Well folks, a new release calls for a new challenge! This week we are jumping for joy with our "Jiggle a Little" challenge! We want to see cards with movement! Perhaps you have hinged pieces with brads, or an image on an action wobble! Or maybe it's a slider or shaker card! Let your imagination fly free, and share it with us here on the blog! You just might win!
Here are the Challenge Rules:
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by Wednesday, October 11 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!




Let's not forget to recognize the winners from last week's Flower & Foliage challenge!

Top Spot goes to...

Heidi!

Congrats, Heidi! This is a beautiful project featuring our WC Bird Bath Set! Love your flowing vines and blue flowers! Email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address to claim your prize pack!

 Honorable Mentions go to...

Ruza!

Yoorah!

Congrats, you two! What stunning projects! Ruza, what a lovely floral basket you've created with our Rustic Containers Set! The wildflowers in the grass are a lovely touch! And Yoorah, we're falling for your autumn Covered Bridge Scene! And how clever to make a calendar! Please email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address and select a stamp set of your choice for your prize!

Thanks to everyone for joining us, we'd love to see your new challenge entries this week!

Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Fun action card by Jil! Congrats to all of the winners.

Dot J Freel said...

I love the jiggle card Jil made. So cute. I knew Heidi was going to win. Loved her card!!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Woo hoo! I am excited to have gotten top spot this challenge. Thank you!

Congrats to Ruza and Yoorah as well.

These new products are very cute and fun. Thanks for hosting the challenge.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's such a great idea !!

ionabunny said...

Oooh, think I need me a cowboy. What fun. Hugz

katieo said...

Fun new products. I love the challenges an d to see what other AI enthusiasts create.