Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Spooktacular by Karen Day

Hello Ai fans!
I am using another one of the Ai 2017 Halloween sets today - Spooktacular Set (Sku #4941).  This is about as scary as I get for Halloween!  Not very!
 I stamped and coloured three of the mummies with my Copic markers, then pulled out my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours to make some festive backgrounds.  I mounted my image with pop dots, added one of the sentiments that comes in the set, and stitched 1/4" in from the edge with some black thread (always a little nerve wracking, one slip and it's toast!).  Here's a slightly different version:

I can't escape the fact that I'm a patterned paper fan... so with my last image I did the busier version:
 I hope you're enjoying some Halloween crafting time!  Be sure to join our current challenge on the blog "Create a Scene".  Happy stamping!
Copics used: C3, C1, YR18, YR16, YR15, YR12, Y35, Y11, G43, G40
  

9 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

Love all 3 of your cards! Those backgrounds are awesome, so colourful!!

katieo said...

Super cute Karen. I love the cool backgrounds-perfect for a mummy

Bunny Dobbie said...

Oh these are fabulous!!! Love them!

Jil Lebel said...

So your cards are spooky, but they are sure awesome! I just love your backgrounds! They really make your mummy stand out.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

I love the mummy, it looks so not spooky !!

Renee M said...

Great cards! I especially like your watercolored backgrounds against the fun mummy :)

diane zechman said...

I love your spooky, splotchy watercolor background! Fun!

Dot J Freel said...

Karen is just so good at every card she makes! What a talented designer!

Sharon Caudle said...

Karen these are AMAZING!! LOVE the backgrounds you created!!!