Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Group Hug by Dana Warren

Hello AI fans!!

Today I am sharing two cards featuring the Bench Set! Figured I better get these up while its still winter! Well, maybe not technically still winter but here in Western Michigan in snowed 7 inches last week, soooo... I think these cards are still relevant!! LOL!!




To color both images I used my Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Watercolor pencils. I can't find my list of colors I used (I'm sure I'll find it next week!, LOL), but it was a lot! I usually color with a darker pencil for the shadows and lighter for the other areas. Instead of using water to activate the pencil, I used a colorless blender marker. You can pick up a basic one at Micheals, but know that it will stain your nib. After coloring I fussy cut out each image.


For the first card, I used some blueish woodgrain pattern paper and added it to a white card base. Then I added a strip of brown cardstock and added the Bench image with foam tape.



I found a watercolor doily on my desk from another project and stamped the Group Hug sentiment. Then I added it to the top of the card with foam tape and trimmed off the excess. Last I added two snowflake brads, but I cut off the legs and used foam tape and glue to adhere them to the card.



The second card I found some star constellation pattern paper and cut it with a stitched rectangle. Then I white embossed the sentiment Sending Hugs Your Way!



From the same pattern paper, I added some colorful strip paper and then added the image with foam tape. This one I kept a little more simple buy not adding any embellishments.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stamping!!



3 comments:

Donna W said...

Pretty cards, love that stamp set! Thanks for sharing.

Cheri Burry said...

Super cute cards! My favourite is the one with the image on the black!

Dot J Freel said...

Lovely!