Monday, September 17, 2018

Watercolor Snowman by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Fans!

I've jump started my Christmas card making with these three cards featuring the newly released Watercolor Snowman Set!  I totally love snowmen and this one is SO adorable!  I always try to get my Christmas cards done early as I find it so enjoyable without the rush of trying to get them done during the holidays.  When do you make your holiday cards?



For each card I've stamped the snowman and tress onto watercolor paper using Marvy LePlume II markers.  I used a pencil to lightly draw in the background hills and landscape, (well except for the first one.  It's all a learning process! :)    I cut a mask of the larger snow-covered tree to use while stamping the other two behind.   Just so you know, I stamped the snowman onto a scrap piece of watercolor paper four times just to practice and to use as a test piece for my colors.  I also referred to Art Impressions YouTube channel to watch Bonnie's videos that show how to watercolor snowy scenes.  Just scroll back to last November or later for many helpful tips.

For this card I taped off a square with blue painter's tape before stamping and watercoloring with my Marvy LePlume II markers.  I don't have a black marker, so I just smooshed some Black Soot Distress Oxide onto my pallet.  All of the colors I used are in the links below.  I added some sprigs of grass peaking through the snow.



I used a Molotow masking pen on all three of my cards to create a snowy background.   Again, Bonnie shows how to use this masking pen in her videos.  Each card was also die cut using the wonderful new double-stitched edge dies in squares, rectangles and rounded rectangles.  The links are at the end for you to click and see the full sets of these dies.



I love sparkly Christmas cards so I used a Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen on each card to get the fun shine.  It doesn't show in the photos, so I took a close up for you to see how pretty it is!  It still doesn't show up as much as in real life!



Each card has a few details added with my Signo Uni-ball white gel pen.  I added some detailing on the scarf, the hat, or the snowy background on one card or another.



I hope I've inspired you to get started on your holiday cards and to give watercoloring the Art Impressions way a try!  Thank you for stopping by and happy stamping!




7 comments:

Karen Day said...

Gorgeous artwork, Carol!

araaaaad said...

you have shared whatever was in ma mind, i like your art. i'd really share your bio as an artist on Nefelibata.
it's ma art : D for those cloud lovers. like you can get your fave piece of artworks, a cloud.
wish you visit mine : )

Dot J Freel said...

Wonderful snowmen cards! Love them!

Renee Matarese said...

These are all so beautiful! I'm partial to the Merry Christmas tan card.

Jil Lebel said...

Your cards are stunning! I am so glad that Bonnie made the decision to bring the snowman back. You really showed how versatile he is. I love the colors you chose to pair with your paintings.

ARTRAGEOUS-ART said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Color Consultations Triangle Area

Cheri Burry said...

Wow Carol these cards are amazing! Someone is going to be very lucky to receive them! Now I have to have this stamp too! LOL